Linked Events

• Signing in Washington, D.C.: August 01, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1  (Read 63144 times)

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2011, 01:45:30 AM »
Yay! you got it signed!  i told ya he'd sign it.  i made it home around 1ish and crashed, and burned.  i gave one of my signed books to my friend's daughter who came with, abby.  she was ecstatic.  Toe-mos i owe you one. everyone else, glad you guys had fun. jim's great and fred's awesome.

Thanks Kitten.  It was a wild night!

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2011, 01:50:16 AM »
First sentence of Cold Days,
(click to show/hide)

I'll get more posted tomorrow. Today. Later Today, you know what I mean...

Quote from: Toe-mas on August 02, 2011, 06:50:16 PM

(1) Part 1
(2) Part 2
(3) Part 3
(4) Part 4
(5) Part 5
(6) Part 6

Okay, think I got the bugs worked out...
PlayList
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:36:18 AM by Toe-mas »

Offline comprex

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
Sweet.   

Anyone have other pics?

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:30 AM »
Sweet.   

Anyone have other pics?

i have a few, but i kinda accidentally took a few hour nap and now need to find foods and go back to sleep so i don't die at work tomorrow.  so my plan to upload tonight failed.  i shall upload tomorrow!
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
Wanted to chime in and say that I, too, had a fantastic time last night! It was really great to meet Jim and Fred and a bunch of other fans, though it was incredibly briefly. Wish we'd been able to hang out, but our ride had been up since 2 a.m. and we all had to go to work in the morning.

Thank you so much to everyone who talked to me about Dresden Pony and Bob Pony! Seeing the smiles on people's faces when they noticed him was a treat and I felt really good about all the lovely compliments they got. I'm so thankful to Jim, too, for signing the base for me and for seeming to be really tickled by them. (And for not running away! LOL!)

Can't wait to check out some video of the Q&A. I only got to hear half of it and my husband didn't get to hear any of it because of some other things that were going on. What I did hear was awesome and got me salivating to read Ghost Story!

Please post pics of it with the signature!
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »
Update on the computer gymnastics I've had to pull to get the vid from the Windows camera software to the Mac editing software: I have success!  Just need to put em together in youtubable chunks and upload!  And, I have a volunteer lined up to do the transcriptions!  :D

Offline lizstaley

• Lurker
  • Webcomic Creator and Writer
    • View Profile
    • Adrastus Comic
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
Please post pics of it with the signature!

If you go back a few pages and check the Photobucket album link, I put the photos in there of Dreden Pony with the autograph. :)

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
Okay, think I got the bugs worked out...
PlayList

Thanks for the playlist :)

You might want to re-edit the earlier post like you did the quote of it though.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Filo3

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • iWoodWonder
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
I fled work at noon and my Lady and I  indulged in the trip to Tysons Corner and arrived by 2pm. Neither of us had ever been to an author's book signing. Then again, we have never been as rabid a fan for an author as Jim has kicked off inside us. What we have ever seen on Youtube is spot-on. Jim is a gracious, funny and enjoyable personality. It is easy to see why Dresden’s voice is so comfortable in our collective heads… it’s like having Jim sitting across the table sipping coffee and telling tales.
We managed to sit on row three for this one, took pictures, got several books signed, including artwork from the Storm Front graphic novel, and we were riveted listening to him. It was a long wait from 2 to 7 but a total blast. I liked the vibe I got from the people I met and was surrounded by. What an amazing array of demographics in that store for Jim!
Seriously... old, young, geeked out emo types and those in business attire, those who dressed up, those who look barely old enough to vote and those who looked like rabid gaming fans... every single person I met was gracious, sweet, considerate and polite.
I want to thank you all for a terrific experience. I have managed to turn at least a half-dozen people including several Army Soldiers onto Jim Butcher. Let me tell you... No one goes bananas for a great book series like Soldiers! If you get the chance to gather some books together and are pondering what to do with them... see if you can send them to Soldiers who are deployed. Trust me when I say, that this is a true gift that keeps on giving. I love spreading the word on Jim.
Again, thank you all!
"I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes."
-Jack Burton

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »
Okay, so I finally got the vids up! (University internet, SOOO much faster than home internet—it uploaded in a MINUTE AND A HALF what my home internet took an HOUR AND A HALF to upload.)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL245948AA4003ABBE

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues.  I have someone lined up to transcribe for the WoJ.  :)

Offline Onigato99

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Thank you very much for the time you took to record and upload the video.  Due to my health I was sitting down the whole time in back and couldn't see, and heard only 50% of what was said.  :)

-Oni

Offline Tiracakes

• Conversationalist
  • "BRING IT ON DARTH BATHROBE!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
You are AWESOME SIR :) I'm linking it to the facebook fan page. Butters 4 EVER !!!!

Okay, so I finally got the vids up! (University internet, SOOO much faster than home internet—it uploaded in a MINUTE AND A HALF what my home internet took an HOUR AND A HALF to upload.)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL245948AA4003ABBE

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues.  I have someone lined up to transcribe for the WoJ.  :)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
I like how Myyrdn's and Toe-mas' versions took the video from opposite angles. It's kind of fun to see audience members react to what Jim says.  Fred (I assume that was Fred to the left behind Jim?) had awesome reactions to things.

I like Jim's goatee, too. He looks sort of like evil Jim from Mirror Mirror universe.  I still haven't finished the videos yet, cause streaming videos on your iPhone at the beach is iffy at best, so I'm still waiting for Jim to tell fans to move out of their parent's basements, and ask them if they've ever tied up a half-vampire in their living rooms...er, I mean, ever kissed a girl.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:53:36 PM by Stiletto »
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Okay, so Priscellie stole my transcriber while I was waiting for things to upload. ;)  :D  Any takers?  Said transcriber is still willing to transcribe, but it will have to wait until the NY Q&A is done.