Linked Events

• Signing in Washington, D.C.: August 01, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1  (Read 63413 times)

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Washington D.C. (McLean, VA) on 8/1
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 04:35:55 AM »
Oh! oh! oh!  Whomever ends up making the revervation (hopefully for Gordon B's, I really want to try the beer and since SFVJ also had the idea of pretending we're at Mac's all we need is for someone to third the motion) will you please make them under the name Harry Dresden?  Please please please?!?!!?  If no one else will, I'll do it!   ;D 

I don't know about on the East coast, but here in the Bay Area GB has the best garlic fries...yum.

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 01:59:58 AM »
hmm. all things considered, i might not be able to make it now.  don't count on me to be there guys.

and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 11:34:54 PM »
I don't know about on the East coast, but here in the Bay Area GB has the best garlic fries...yum.

Yeah, I just checked out the menu.  I was expecting pub food, but, holy cow man, I'm going to have a hard time making up my mind!  Yum is right!
The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2011, 02:28:29 AM »
I'll be going to this one, I'll keep a roster of posters who intend to be there in this reply too.

Due to all the horror stories I am hearing about traffic there, especially after 3 or 4, I'm leaving for this 3.5 hour trip at around noon, and expect to show up quite early in an attempt to avoid the rush hour traffic.  I would love to meet up with other fans to burn the time before the signing and have already heard from a few others that have similar intentions.  Sooooo, if you want to meet up with us, post as much and we will make plans to meet up somewhere close buy and have a bite to eat or something, and I'll put an Astrisk thingy next to your name in the roster.

List of forum members coming  
        * means will be showing up early and wants to meet up with other fans.
*Serack (Richard)
*Myyrdn Eopia
*Toe-mas
*Electric MacButters
kittenbot
*Zheryl +1
*GraveyardKing
*paul_Harkonen
*SkinsFanVJ

SkinsFanVJ has offered to cordinate since he lives nearby.

Hey, count me in!  I'll be driving from work (about half hour away w/no traffic--heaven know w/traffic).  If folks are interested in bite to eat before/after I'm game!
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
And, hey, Electric Butters, I'll bring your bottle.  The oatmeal stout was amazing!  Best beer I ever had!  Thanks to Zheryl for messaging me about the meet up!  See you all!
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2011, 03:11:34 AM »
hmm. all things considered, i might not be able to make it now.  don't count on me to be there guys.

:(

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the beer Heartsonycgr!  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2011, 12:32:31 AM »
And, hey, Electric Butters, I'll bring your bottle.  The oatmeal stout was amazing!  Best beer I ever had!  Thanks to Zheryl for messaging me about the meet up!  See you all!

Yeah, you can't beat a good breakfast beer. And no problem, I'm thinking the meet up before the signing is going to be a "the more the merrier" scenario, so hopefully we'll get a good sized group.  I don't know many local Dresden addicts and am hoping for a nice turnout.  Right now I'm pushing for Gordon B's due to the lovely selection of beer and noms.  They offer a sampler of all their beers, I'm going to be in heaven....   :D

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:31 AM »
Hey, count me in!  I'll be driving from work (about half hour away w/no traffic--heaven know w/traffic).  If folks are interested in bite to eat before/after I'm game!

wow, thanks hearts. make me look like the jerk out. :( if i go i'll be there as soon as i can, but it really depends on work/and a few other things. it really has nothing to do with whether or not i WANT to be there early to meet people.

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:38 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the beer Heartsonycgr!  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

ohhh you don't happen to know how to make lambics do you? i totally meant to ask you that at marscon.  my brother tried and failed miserably. so he just started making super flavored vodka (mmm cherry cordial too so tasty nom nom nom) *screeeeeeech* ok tires back on track.  so if you bring me good beer i'll try extra hard to make it.  hmm wait. by good beer i mean something i like.  i'm not a fan of stouts. so something aley or fruity.  wait that wasn't completely back on track.  *looks at the treadmarks* ehhh close enough. it's kinda on the road. sometimes. a little.

Offline Zheryl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »
wow, thanks hearts. make me look like the jerk out. :( if i go i'll be there as soon as i can, but it really depends on work/and a few other things. it really has nothing to do with whether or not i WANT to be there early to meet people.

Don't worry, KB, we'll save you a seat!  Hopefully things will work out for you but if not, maybe you will atleast make it to the signing.  

Oh, and I had to decide between the Altanta signing or waiting a couple of days for DC and I already think I made the right choice.    ;D    This group just seems great.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:03:41 AM by Zheryl »

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 02:31:44 AM »
Well KB, I currently have batches of Skyland Red, Centennial Ale, and Nut Brown Ale bottled.  No promises they will survive till Aug 1st though! ;D
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2011, 02:52:26 AM »
Well KB, I currently have batches of Skyland Red, Centennial Ale, and Nut Brown Ale bottled.  No promises they will survive till Aug 1st though! ;D

ack! hey i have names to call and i'm not afraid to use them. *tosses a meanie poo poo head your way* seriously though if you have anything lighter and fruitier by then, bring me a bottle to try.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
Ok I think someone said it already, but I'll ask for the info again.

Where is Gordon B's in relation to the B&N?  I'll put in the 2nd post how it looks like we will be meeting there, and the info on where it is in relation to the B&N.  Also is it called Gordon B's, or is that a short name for it?
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline paul_Harkonen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
It's called Gordon Bierch (possibly flipped the i and e) and it is literally across the hall from the first floor of the Barnes and Noble (if you walk out of the Barnes and Noble and walk in a straight line you run into the wall for the GB).