Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 36193 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »
*hugs* i think i just figured if i looked around i would see you. had i known you were going for the susan costume i would have come up to you. I figured id find you by finding chiro. i looked alll over for someone with fangs and a bloodstained shirt. (in hindsight i realize she was joking)
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:48 AM »
The shirt had a blood splatter design, that's what I meant.  :)

Yes, that was a ton of fun last night.  And I still have fruit left over from Lou Malnati's.

(D'oh, I'm making a goofy face in the picture).

(Very glad you got home, ok, Alilisa.  I was thinking about you when that storm hit).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:11:18 AM by Chiroptera »
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline emgirl

• Participant
  • I geek sci fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2011, 12:13:40 AM »
In the pic, I'm the redhead standing next to MathGeek, aka Butters, and his really nice wife, Gard.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2011, 12:32:56 AM »
Awww I thought I gave enough hints, GW, I'm sorry. (((GW))) maybe next time...I'll be Susan again, already gathering the stuff for that costume, more elaborate though. :D

Em, is that him then in the blue scrubs, you're to the left? (our left from this angle)

You looked great, Chiro, I finished my sandwich and all for lunch today, it was still delicious!  And yes, got home around 1:15 this morning, but least I made it and only got lost twice,  nearly headed back to Chicago both times...hmmmm....is Harry calling Susan back? ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:52 AM »
The shirt had a blood splatter design, that's what I meant.  :)

Yes, that was a ton of fun last night.  And I still have fruit left over from Lou Malnati's.

(D'oh, I'm making a goofy face in the picture).

(Very glad you got home, ok, Alilisa.  I was thinking about you when that storm hit).

Heh, you got me beat on the shot since you were looking up :)  I didn't even know she was snapping the pic.  I feel like such a dork on that one.  Sorry Ali!  Here is the one she took with mine

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:03:48 AM by MX »

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »
OK, the forukms don't like my pic links.  Here is the link to the pic.  I'll figure that one out at some point lol

https://picasaweb.google.com/113545061230245292170/Miscellaneous#5634573401363407442

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »
The pics turned out great, MX, thanks for sharing.  And don't worry about it, I know you were busy asking questions, what did you ask him and what did he say, never did catch the questions you asked.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
He asked if I liked the book, which was a hell yeah.  And if the wait  was worth it.  See previous response :D 

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
Amazing pics. I loved your costume Alilisa, you look amazing. Great work on it. :D
And I am really happy that the "gang" had so much fun. And a bit jelaous :P ;D
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline MathGeek

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »
Emgirl and MathGeek, we looked for you guys too, and had no clue. I only saw one Butters, in a blue scrubs, was that you? he's in one of the pics, look close by the post, is that you???  (See, to the left of the post, the guy in the blue scrubs?)

Aww, would have loved to talk to you, GW!!  Or did I scare you *snickers, then hugs*

Yep, that was me.  I'll post some of the pictures  that were taken... just as soon as I figure out how.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:55:03 PM by MathGeek »

Offline MathGeek

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2011, 03:04:25 PM »
Here are some of the picture we got from the signing.  It was great, all the people I talked to were awesome.

I am Butters and Anne is Ms. Gard.

Jim is just funny in real life, and seemed really friendly.  I just wish we got to spend more time.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
Thank you, Howl, I had so much fun making (and wearing) it! :) I can't wait to start on the next one, and hoping I have a place to wear it!

MathGeek, you and your wife look great in your costumes!  great pics too, wish we could have met you, glad to see you (even if just in pics, you know what they say "so close yet so far away" :D)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
Great costumes!  I did see you guys back there - sorry I didn't get to say hi.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2012, 04:07:54 AM »
Is there going to be a signing in Naperville again this year. That would be awesome.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2012, 04:34:31 AM »
Or in Chicagoland period, I hope.