Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 36186 times)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:51 AM »
And I'll have my phone on me to check here if folks want to meet at any specific time at the store.  There isn't much in the way of places to go, but I have seen folks just sitting on the floor in there.  I might do that just to review some particular spots in this book.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2011, 02:16:12 AM »
Does Chiro have your phone # to get ahold of you or will you just be sprawled out in the middle of the floor holding your cell up over your head with the book held high so we recognize you, and a steak in your other hand?  *grins*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2011, 02:21:35 AM »
You bringing enough to share with everyone, MX 

*gives you the evil eye when you mention the steakhouse*

Oh trust me, you won't miss Chiro and I, especially with me being with Chiro, she'll be the one hiding behind the umbrella..that's really why she's bringing it. ;D

*snickers*

Hehe :)  I'm afraid there won't be much left of that particular steak.  We could all get a steak sub from subway when you all arrive :)

In fact, I may skip the steakhouse, stop at Portillos instead on the way in and let the evening play out a different way.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »
The pizzeria has Italian beef sandwiches I think.  :)

I'll be in the back of the store playing with the toys.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:58 AM »
Does Chiro have your phone # to get ahold of you or will you just be sprawled out in the middle of the floor holding your cell up over your head with the book held high so we recognize you, and a steak in your other hand?  *grins*

ROFL  :)  I think I'd need a thrid hand for all three of those things/ Let me correct that lil issue now.  I'll PM the both of you with it, on the chance either of you want call or text :)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
Hey...now that sounds like a much better idea to me..why didn't I think of that one!  ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:42 AM »
The pizzeria has Italian beef sandwiches I think.  :)

I'll be in the back of the store playing with the toys.

We could roll one of the balls there back and forth while we trade death curses or recount the ways Harry has pissed off folks.  That could speed the night through :)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:22 AM »
Now THAT sounds like fun!

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:42 AM »
Hey...now that sounds like a much better idea to me..why didn't I think of that one!  ;D

Either that or I could let the wallpaper on my phone just be the Ghost Story cover :)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »
ill be the one with the tshirt that says

Harry Dresden
He died doing the right thing. with a gravestone around it
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
I'll be in a black skirt and white tank top with blood splatter on it.  :D

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MathGeek

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
The Ms. and I will be dressed as Ms. Gard and Butters respectively.  We plan on getting there some time between 5:30 and 6 (depending on traffic, Google maps has us getting there at 5) so dinner sounds good.  I just discovered Jim last year so this is my first signing.  ;D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »
The Ms. and I will be dressed as Ms. Gard and Butters respectively.

I ship it!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
ok i lied somehow my shirt go wet and ruined see all of you there and for the Q and A i will have many many questions
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
:D YEAH! I won't be the only one there dressed up in the group!! *dances*  I'm so excited about seeing everyone.  I wish I could have seen your shirt, GW, it sounds cool.   

I just got out of the shower a little bit ago and am already getting ready...waiting for my hair to dry..seems to take forever...and watching the clock...45 more minutes before I leave...oh shoot..I forgot the dang tapes for the recorder, I still have to run to town to grab a couple of those..and batteries for the recorder ARRRGGHHHHH!!!