Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 37615 times)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2011, 05:26:06 AM »
Aww that's sweet of you, Chiro, thank you, I can always toss one in too, if I need it (((Chiro))) thank you so much, and hey, we can do that!  sounds good to me!
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2011, 05:47:13 AM »
If a couple of us want to meet up at the store, we can probably split a pizza or two.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2011, 07:01:21 AM »
Yep, sounds good, just need to figure out who wants to join us, what type of pizza, and go from there, oh and what to drink too ;D

I need to get to bed, I'm exhausted.  Night, Chiro, see you tomorrow, hopefully. :)  and everyone else too.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
Naperville Long-Term Parking

After 9 a.m. all-day parking is available in the following locations:
Central Parking Facility:  Level 3
Van Buren Parking Deck:  Level 2 – Roof Level
Municipal Center Parking Deck:  Weekdays (after 5 p.m.) and Saturday, Lower Level and Upper Level

So, it sounds as if the Central and Van Buren lots are safe to park in for an extended time period, on the upper levels, in case someone wants a place to park without worrying about the 2-3 hour limit.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline emgirl

• Participant
  • I geek sci fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
Naperville Long-Term Parking

After 9 a.m. all-day parking is available in the following locations:
Central Parking Facility:  Level 3
Van Buren Parking Deck:  Level 2 – Roof Level
Municipal Center Parking Deck:  Weekdays (after 5 p.m.) and Saturday, Lower Level and Upper Level

So, it sounds as if the Central and Van Buren lots are safe to park in for an extended time period, on the upper levels, in case someone wants a place to park without worrying about the 2-3 hour limit.
Thank you SO much for the info...spent waaay too much time at work today Googling the area for parking info.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:23 AM »
My only question now is, how long into the evening can you park there before they consider it "overnight."  I'm not sure where to look/who to call to find out.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:52 AM »
I found this, I don't know if it helps or not, Chiro

Helpful hints for parking in Downtown Naperville:

Parking is FREE everywhere in Downtown Naperville including municipal lots, parking decks and on-street spaces. 

There are 2 parking garages (Central Parking Facility & Van Buren Parking Deck) and numerous surface lots and on-street parking with posted time allotments. 

The Municipal Parking Deck is also available after 5pm Monday thru Friday and all weekend.

Generally, the time allotment for on-street parking is 2 hours, parking lots are 3 hours, and decks range from 3 hours to unlimited parking.

There are no time restrictions on any handicapped parking spaces in Downtown Naperville.

Washington Street on-street parking is available form 8:30am to 4pm Monday through Friday. After 4pm on weekdays,
cars parked on the street will be towed.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 02:21:15 AM »
I would love to meet everyone here, if at all possible, but I think I am going to pass on the eating portion.  I just have a feeling it is going to fill up quick and want to be ready.  I'm planning on taking vid of the Q/A if I can get a good spot and tossing it up on the web, if everything goes as planned.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 02:23:38 AM »
I was thinking that, as they said they are ok with bringing food to the store, that we could get carryout from somewhere and eat there.  So you're welcome to get in on it.  :)

Hopefully I'll remember my digital camera and be able to record.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 02:24:11 AM »
oohhhh...I should bring my video cam....but it's well, not that big...wonder if I have any extra video tapes...probably not, my son uses them all for train videos.  Crud, besides with taking pics, I probably wouldn't be able to do that too. ;D

MX  what if we brought the pizza to the store, would you want some?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 02:25:08 AM »
oops, cross post, *points to what Chiro said and nods*

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 02:33:19 AM »
Here's a site I found on parking, if it helps, Chiro:  http://www.naperville.il.us/downtownparking.aspx

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »
Yep!  That's the one I've been on - I can't find a parking specific phone number for information.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2011, 02:48:29 AM »
The City of Naperville, Illinois | 400 S. Eagle St. | Naperville, IL 60540 | (630) 420-6111

try that one, or this one, which is on the parking page:

City of Naperville
TED Business Group
400 S. Eagle Street
Naperville, IL 60540
(630) 420-6096
Contact Us

there's also this one too, who is the "Transportation Team Leader"

Karyn Robles
Transportation
Team Leader
(630) 548-1133
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:57:31 AM by Alilisa »

Offline corran horn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:23 AM »
Sorry, no :(  It's not going to be like the signing for TC.  To have a book signed, you have to order from Andersons.  When you buy the book, they give you a number.  They line up folks according to those numbers for signatures.  If you would, take a look at on page 2 of this thread.  Emgirl, Lany, Chiro, Alilisa and myself have all pre-ordered and received numbers.

Actually, I am glad it won't be like that last signing in this area.  Lots of people arrived very early that day to check into the store and several of the staff I talked to said you could just show up.  Well, it turns out they were giving out wrist bands showing your order of arrival.  Some people had been there, like me, for hours but ended up being closer to the end for signatures because of the lack of information on the bookstore's part.  I would think they were unprepared excepting the fact that they had plenty of books for all.  That just tells me whoever was in charge didn't manage things correctly.

Yeah, that same thing happened to me.  The nice thing about that Oakbrook Borders though (may it rest in peace soon) was that there was plenty of room...it's far larger than Anderson's. 

I had kept my eye on the Oakbrook Borders webpage to see if there'd be a signing for this release.  Once this was announced I put two and two together and figured Borders would not be long for this world.

I didn't get around to pre-ordering so I'm sure if I did it now I'd get a crazy high number and be in line all night.  Can't do that with two kids very easily.  I think they will be surprised with how many people Jim draws.  I went to a Rick Reilly signing there last year and it didn't draw too many.