Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 36176 times)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
What exactly is/are rush hour(s) in Naperville? 
I would say any time after 2PM.  Although, with it being summer time, school out and nice weather, even if hot, I expect the walk area to be busy, even for midweek.  Also, considering 7PM still sees the sun in the sky, I expect plenty of folks enjoying the evening.

I'm just planning to spend the day up there.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
I'm more worried about timing when to leave for my interview this week.  :D  It's at 3pm.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »
I'd say early then. As MX said, anytime after 2pm is going start to get busy. You'll want lead time to find parking and get to your location.

I'm more worried about timing when to leave for my interview this week.  :D  It's at 3pm.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »

Good luck on the interview :)  I meant to say that to your original post about that, but, well, I forgot somehow...

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 05:09:29 AM »
:D You can tell me what time you want me down there, Chiro and I'll pick you up down there and we'll head to Naperville from there, just tell me what time you want to leave.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 04:08:52 AM »
hey anyone who is going to naperville wanna meet somewhere for dinner Alilisa? Chiro? anyone?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »
What time, GW, Chiro is riding with me, so we were talking about stopping and getting something to eat.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
There are a bunch of places to eat within walking distance of the bookstore.  Folks can get to the area to early and walk to one of the places to eat.  That way parking won't be an issue when the time comes.

Just a thought :)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 05:09:07 AM »
I have a question....is Naperville a big city...I get really nervous when driving in big cities :D and haven't done it often, I mean I get nervous driving in Madison (WI), how many people are in Naperville?

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
I have a question....is Naperville a big city...I get really nervous when driving in big cities :D and haven't done it often, I mean I get nervous driving in Madison (WI), how many people are in Naperville?

It is a little over 140K, according to 2010 census.

Traffic volume tends to be consistent, if lighter, at off-peak hours.  I worked up in this area for roughly two years and it was rare not to see a few cars at a stop light at any given time.  The main travelled road to get places is I59.  It runs almost from I80 up to, iirc, where you and Chiro are inbound from.

I would recommend that the two of you arrive earlier rather than later if the traffic may bother you.  A bit of advance notice as well: the street the bookstore doesn't have an overabundance of parking spots.  It looks to be more like something I see here in downtown Morris.

I'll be heading up that way either today(Tuesday) or Wednesday to see what I can see.  I'm gonna stop in the bookstore too to have a look around.

I'm hoping it's like the Tardis: bigger on the inside cause we are going to fill it, methinks.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
I believe I have to wait until Chiro gets off work, I think. I'm free all day, but I think that'll be around 4 or 330 in the afternoon arriving in Dundee, so we may not get there until around 430? is it an hour from Dundee?

I'm thinking the same thing...wow I hope I didn't lose my number, I thought I had it on the counter, now I don't remember.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 06:26:07 AM »
I believe I have to wait until Chiro gets off work, I think. I'm free all day, but I think that'll be around 4 or 330 in the afternoon arriving in Dundee, so we may not get there until around 430? is it an hour from Dundee?

I'm thinking the same thing...wow I hope I didn't lose my number, I thought I had it on the counter, now I don't remember.

Yep :)  Roughly an hour, counting traffic.  Regarding your number, just call the place back and tell them your name, they should have your number in the system.  I was only told my number via phone.  I'm sure they will have something there.  They do a lot of author signings, from what I see at their site.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:15 AM »
I remembered what it was after seeing Chiro's number, I was 4 behind her, I'm 120 :D I remember thinking if I'd done this before, I would have called before my surgery to get my book (back in beginning of July) and would have been smarter, but duh, I've never done this so, I ended up with 120. but I was told they do it in groups of 20, so I should be in the same group as Chiro, and I think GW too or was it you? I don't recall anymore, it's past my bedtime. :D

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 06:48:24 AM »
GW may be in our group, but I don't recall if he stated he had pre-ordered or not.  I hope so though :)  That would be cool.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
crap what about numbers and preoder i thought we jsut showed up dang it
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?