Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 36175 times)

Offline authorityfigure

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 03:24:00 AM »
Bring a lunch, Dragonfly... or just a snack.   ::)

Offline emgirl

• Participant
  • I geek sci fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
I just got my book and tic...#104!!!! I'll be wearing my Geek The Library shirt and taking a million pics, so feel free to stop and chat!!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »
book what book?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:59 AM »
Ghost Story, GW....:D  ummm you're joking right....I hope....  I love your avi, I collect mice, not real ones, but well, just knick knacks, etc stuff like that :D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »
Also, for the signing at Anderson's, if you want to have your book signed by Jim, you do need to pre-order your copy of the book from Anderson's. Which will then give you a ticket with the number you will be in line.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »
I just got my book and tic...#104!!!! I'll be wearing my Geek The Library shirt and taking a million pics, so feel free to stop and chat!!

I'll be ten behind ya at 114, so not sure the chat thing would work across 9 other folks.  Maybe dry erase boards?  :D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
Two behind you MX - #116.  ;D

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »
wait the book hasnt come out yet
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
Two behind you MX - #116.  ;D

We can pass notes!!!  We'll have to enlist the aid of our in-betweener.  Just hope we don't get caught...

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
wait the book hasnt come out yet

True, but if you preorder, as Lany79 helpfully noted earlier (Thank you Lany!!!), they give you a ticket number.  I did mine over the phone and the lady, Amanda was her name, was very helpful.

I'm actually going to head up there sometime next week.  I want to scout the area again.  I always have enjoyed the Riverwalk when I went, but I haven't been up to that general area yet this summer.  I'm going specifically to hunt for the best parking spots.  It can get really busy in the summer time.  Mind you, the sights, both the 'Walk and the people, can keep you occupied.

The Anderson shop is actually located the next block over from the River Walk area.  Lots of places to sit, eat, shop, hang out and such.  A fun way to spend a day.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
I have a job interview in Naperville on Thursday so I'll be able to scout out the area too - I haven't been out that way before.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 03:05:39 AM »
I should have bought the book before my surgery like I was going to :D I'm #120, I'm behind you all ;D

Shoot, have to remember my camera.....cripes, I'll forget my mind if I ....if I....I just forgot what I was going to type...that's not good!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:09:23 AM by Alilisa »
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline emgirl

• Participant
  • I geek sci fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:42 AM »
Hey! Does anyone need a ride or some such thing??? I'm off 355ish.  And I plan on getting there extremely early. Like beyond geeky early. I even took the day off...and my boss is four spots behind me!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:12:19 AM by emgirl »

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »
You're quite welcome. I myself will be at #85. 

Early would be probably be best for anyone anyway. Downtown Naperville can be quite busy. Especially during rush hour.

True, but if you preorder, as Lany79 helpfully noted earlier (Thank you Lany!!!), they give you a ticket number.  I did mine over the phone and the lady, Amanda was her name, was very helpful.

I'm actually going to head up there sometime next week.  I want to scout the area again.  I always have enjoyed the Riverwalk when I went, but I haven't been up to that general area yet this summer.  I'm going specifically to hunt for the best parking spots.  It can get really busy in the summer time.  Mind you, the sights, both the 'Walk and the people, can keep you occupied.

The Anderson shop is actually located the next block over from the River Walk area.  Lots of places to sit, eat, shop, hang out and such.  A fun way to spend a day.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
What exactly is/are rush hour(s) in Naperville?