Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 84756 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
Oh, this is sooooooo doable - only 2 hours away - I finally get to meet him!!!!!! I am so excited.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Questions:  Can we bring our older books to get signed? Will there be a limit?  Or is there some other way that would be better to get others signed? Also, do we need to get the book earlier and bring it or purchase it there? LOL, I've never been to a book signing before so excuse the newbie questions and I suppose I should get there early?  :-[

~Long-time Butcher Fan

Best thing to do is to call the store itself and ask to speak to the person in charge of the event, since these questions have varying answers according to store policies.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline GraveyardKing

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
Oooookay.  So, I think I may be confused. (sadly)

I see that the first event, being the release party and all, requires a ticket.  However, do the other signings require tickets or do I just need to buy something to be polite?

Aside from that, HELL'S BELLS!  Jim is coming to VA and I actually get to go!

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
Oh, this is sooooooo doable - only 2 hours away - I finally get to meet him!!!!!! I am so excited.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Questions:  Can we bring our older books to get signed? Will there be a limit?  Or is there some other way that would be better to get others signed? Also, do we need to get the book earlier and bring it or purchase it there? LOL, I've never been to a book signing before so excuse the newbie questions and I suppose I should get there early?  :-[

~Long-time Butcher Fan

To add to Shecky's advice, I would suggest buying the book there.  That is I think what Mr Butcher stated at some point that it is simply better to buy the book at the hosting location as that helps the PTB know that it is worth sending him out on the book tours.  I know I will be doing that as well.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
To add to Shecky's advice, I would suggest buying the book there.  That is I think what Mr Butcher stated at some point that it is simply better to buy the book at the hosting location as that helps the PTB know that it is worth sending him out on the book tours.  I know I will be doing that as well.

I was quoting Pat Rothfuss' blog, not Jim.  But the logic applies to most authors, I'd think!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
I was quoting Pat Rothfuss' blog, not Jim.  But the logic applies to most authors, I'd think!

Two bonuses apply for those doing this at dates on the signing tour that are not on release day:

1) You wait nobly to purchase your book until signing day. Your sacrifice of reading time helps bump your store a little bit farther up the Maybe They'll Get Him To Come Back Here list. Win.
2) You aren't BURNING with the powerful urge to SPOIL ALL THE THINGS. Win.

:D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Waldo Butters M.E.

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »
wrings his hands in angst over Jim not coming to south Texas
POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2011, 02:27:14 AM »

Apologies.  I had thought it was Jim that had said that at some point.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2011, 02:32:19 AM »
Two bonuses apply for those doing this at dates on the signing tour that are not on release day:

1) You wait nobly to purchase your book until signing day. Your sacrifice of reading time helps bump your store a little bit farther up the Maybe They'll Get Him To Come Back Here list. Win.
2) You aren't BURNING with the powerful urge to SPOIL ALL THE THINGS. Win.

:D

1)  Heh, I don't think I could even wait the extra day to start reading this book, tbh.  I'll be buying a copy here in town and one at the store in Naperville.  One of my nieces is into DF, not as much as I mind you, so I'll give her the extra book after the signing.  But, yeah, I do want as many return visits to the area as possible.  Definately Win.

2)  And miss all the 'I know something you don't know!' teasing I can do of people?  I don't think so!  Still Win :)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »
Would buying a different book in the series also be appropriate because i still need turncoat and i was thinking i would just buy that one there instead of Ghost Story
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
Would buying a different book in the series also be appropriate because i still need turncoat and i was thinking i would just buy that one there instead of Ghost Story
Brandon Sanderson's suggestion is that even if the store doesn't require you to buy the book there, at least buy *A* book, so that you're supporting the store.  So I'd say buying Turn Coat would apply to that, and also apply to showing you appreciate Jim, specifically, being there.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline wolfsru

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
YES east coast time. i think i def go to the NY one and its only a 6 hour drive from allentown.

ha this made my day

Offline toysoldierman2001

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:10 AM »
Dose Jim have any plans for coming to Phila,Pa in the very near future?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2011, 02:09:05 AM »
Dose Jim have any plans for coming to Phila,Pa in the very near future?

Nope.  The closest to Philly is NYC.  The stuff posted on the website is all there is for 2011, with the possible exception of San Diego Comic Con, which is still in the air.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
Naperville.....Wisconsin......docs permission to drive....hmmmm *plot, plan, beg*.. that'll be about 8 weeks right? :D  Still 7pm...ok, drive to Naperville....get lost...get there around 10pm after trying to find out how to find Naperville and the store.....so now I have midnight leaving, if I even get in there then, lets toss it to 3am just to be safe....drive back....be home for my meds by the next morning or at least late afternoon...hey, I don't need sleep anyways, Harry rarely got any, right?....."Clearly, this was just not my day". :D

I really REALLY need to work on my "Go Wisconsin" rah rah for next year better...or maybe just shorten it up. Length, woman, length doesn't always mean better! :)
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
You should come to Naperville, Lisa!  Meet me somewhere and we can find it together!  ;D
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K