Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 84708 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
I think it's expected that you wear pants at these things (unless you're coming as Ehren)....   ;D

Thanks for the advice  :D

Just quoting one of my favorite non dresden books
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline David one Mutts Friend

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
In recent months, Jim expressed some interest in attending San Diego Comic Con, though we still don't have confirmation as to whether or not he's going.  If you're planning on attending that, you might have another cool person to see!  (And if not, hey, it's still SDCC!  Not like there is a dearth of cool people. :D)

Thought about it too late with my brain surgery this year, want to go even for just one day.

David
I have a Wartenburg Wheel and I know how to use it! ;)
[/quote]

Offline cmjstever

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »
No love for the west coast?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
No love for the west coast?

Jim tries to vary up which cities he visits each year.  He hit the west coast pretty well the past two years.  Also:

In recent months, Jim expressed some interest in attending San Diego Comic Con, though we still don't have confirmation as to whether or not he's going.  If you're planning on attending that, you might have another cool person to see!  (And if not, hey, it's still SDCC!  Not like there is a dearth of cool people. :D)

Offline Jitterfreak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:11 AM »
Wow.

That just made that week a WHOLE lot more interesting.  I took the week of July 24th off for Origins out here in Columbus, but now I think I'm gonna blow that off in favor of driving over to Dayton to get my book signed.

Sweeeeet.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:36 AM »

AWESOME! I'll be at the VA signing August 1!  Anyone want to catch dinner before/after the signing let me know... :)
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2011, 04:41:12 AM »
Very sad that this will be the first year that I won't get to see Jim (even if he does make it to Comic-Con, I was not one of the few blessed people able to score passes). :(  Do you know if there will be a virtual signing this year?  (Did I miss an announcement?)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline KarmicWarrior

• Lurker
  • What comes around goes around
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2011, 04:53:48 AM »
It would be nice if Jim could make it to Northern California just once.  :( Can't get away from work for a 9 to 10 hr drive to San Diego. But an hour to San Francisco is doable!

Offline Resa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
Well darn, that juts made getting my friend a birthday present a LOT more difficult.  Won't be able to chill out in along the Space Coast long enough to make the Atlanta signing.   Oh well, safe trip Jim, hopefully Houston can show much love next time you swing our direction!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
Very sad that this will be the first year that I won't get to see Jim (even if he does make it to Comic-Con, I was not one of the few blessed people able to score passes). :(  Do you know if there will be a virtual signing this year?  (Did I miss an announcement?)

No virtual signing has been announced yet.  I know Jim is amenable to the idea, but the various parties just haven't hammered out the details yet.

Offline Lord Rae

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2011, 09:21:49 AM »
Thursday, July 28, 2011, 7:00 PM
B&N Buckhead
2900 Peachtree Road NE Suite 310
Atlanta, GA 30305
404-261-7747

Awesome. I will have to try and make it. I don't know if I will as I have to be at work at 5am the next day. I guess I can be a coffee zombie that day. :)

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
CORRECTION:  Jim will be signing at Books & Co's Beavercreek/Greene Shopping Center location on the 29th at 7PM, NOT the Kettering store.  Apologies for any confusion!

Books & Company
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut Street
Beavercreek, OH 45440
937-429-2169

Thanks to Sir Crash for vigilantly saving my bacon and ensuring I didn't accidentally send all of Jim's fans to the wrong store!

Offline Sir Crash

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Site
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
CORRECTION:  Jim will be signing at Books & Co's Beavercreek/Greene Shopping Center location on the 29th at 7PM, NOT the Kettering store.  Apologies for any confusion!

Books & Company
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut Street
Beavercreek, OH 45440
937-429-2169

Thanks to Sir Crash for vigilantly saving my bacon and ensuring I didn't accidentally send all of Jim's fans to the wrong store!

No worries Mademoiselle Priscellie, and you are quite welcome.

As for "saving your bacon", you have done the same for us here on the Boards and in RL many times, I am very happy to return the favor in such a small way. And I am sure you or one of the other astute members of the fan community would have caught the mix up long before it became an issue.

Now stop that or you is gonna make me blush.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:25:46 PM by Sir Crash »
Knighted Servant of Milady WickedSnuggleFaerie, Queen of Hellfire

God of Suicidal Devotion, Archaic Chivalry, and Brain Dead Taco Bell Dogs

Offline *WithWings

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »

Thursday, July 28, 2011, 7:00 PM
B&N Buckhead
2900 Peachtree Road NE Suite 310
Atlanta, GA 30305
404-261-7747

Oh, this is sooooooo doable - only 2 hours away - I finally get to meet him!!!!!! I am so excited.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Questions:  Can we bring our older books to get signed? Will there be a limit?  Or is there some other way that would be better to get others signed? Also, do we need to get the book earlier and bring it or purchase it there? LOL, I've never been to a book signing before so excuse the newbie questions and I suppose I should get there early?  :-[

~Long-time Butcher Fan
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

Offline bookwormsam

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
I'm excited that this time I saw the announcement BEFORE the book signing. I will try really hard to make it to the Beavercreek signing. This would be my first Jim Butcher signing and only my third ever author signing. Now I just have to make sure that there are no problems at work to delay me. Can I call a no sick children day at work to make sure I make it to the signing?
Sam