Author Topic: Burgerking and the Nevernever.  (Read 6199 times)

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Burgerking and the Nevernever.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
Nevernever attachments depend upon connections of meaning and such.

Let me tell you, even among the same Fast Food Chains, there can be a difference.

One can be run down and dirty, full of unhappy employees, accessable mainly by the interstate so its customers are only people passing through. Compare this to the single fast food joint in a small town which might be the only place teenagers can get a job - all that promise and eagerness, as well as regular customers.

One could be a place where several kids birthdays have been had. Another could have been robbed, someone even died there.

There's also probably a different atmosphere to a McDonalds in China, to one in the US.

Offline tetrasodium

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »
There is, to a degree. In the latest book,
(click to show/hide)
Thomas (and plenty of other supernatural beings) is able to cross over into portions of the NeverNever that are close to his self.
Another example from Changes is
(click to show/hide)

Offline JayTee

• Posty McPostington
  • Reality is only as boring as you make it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 05:22:41 AM »
Would all Burger King locations lead to the "Realm of the High Burger"? No.

Richard

I beg to differ.  ;)

City Name: Realm of the High Burger

Theme: War of the Burger Courts

Aspect: Big Mac vs Whopper

The Faces:

President For Life Ronald Mcdonald, Ruler of the Macdonald Oligarchy

The Enigmatic "King", Monarch of the Burger Crown.

Status Quo: Ronald and "The King", along with their respective Courts have been in a constant state of low-level warfare in the Nevernever since the mid-twentieth century, when the worship of the Burger started to rise to prominence worldwide. While there have been other contenders at times such as the Wendy's Aristocracy and the Hardee's Union, so far the ruling powers remain at their peak.

....I'll stop now before I get completely carried away.

Offline JustADude

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 08:42:44 AM »
....I'll stop now before I get completely carried away.

Awwwwww!!! It was just getting good!

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Realities PBW restart
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »
I have been reliably informed by some one who works for burger king in the UK that whilst the city centre outlets vary a lot due to having to adapt to the building they are in, the DRIVE THRU outlets (at eleast in the uk) all arrive flat packed on site and all have an identical lay out...
Also they have the passing trade advantage of air ports.

Personally my bet would be that the same basic design us used for ALL fast food joints.
I would HATE to be a character in one of the stories I write -
and then there are the days when it looks too much like I AM!

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
It depends on the age of the restaurant... You see restaurant design is a changing thing and a restaurant built in the 80s doesn't look like one build last week - unless it's been recent redone.  Some of the restaurants have playrooms, some don't, some years booths are hot, other years single seats on a long counter is where it's at, and then there's the times where free standing tables (not booths) is what the customer wants so that's what they get.  Once built the restaurant stays that way for a decade or more because remodeling is expensive.

In 20 years you'll look at one of the remaining "prepackaged drive throughs" outlets and say "I can remember when all the drive throughs looked like that" and feel old.

Richard

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
@JayTee: god, that is good!

i can see my players getting drafted into that war, at first believing it some sort of fun - hey it's ronald mcdonald vs. the burger king! what harm can be done? - then finding out that the threat is very serious. [insert you dark plot with threatening consequences here.]

Offline Arcane

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:11 AM »
@JayTee: god, that is good!

i can see my players getting drafted into that war, at first believing it some sort of fun - hey it's ronald mcdonald vs. the burger king! what harm can be done? - then finding out that the threat is very serious. [insert you dark plot with threatening consequences here.]
Would be interesting to see the Sponsored Magic they provide.  :)
You Might Know Me As:

Charlie Wiseman

Jeffrey Campbell

Offline Sh33p

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 02:17:16 AM »
Would be interesting to see the Sponsored Magic they provide.  :)
Boiling fry grease-omancy.

Anyone who's ever had a fry burn'll know how horrifying such a power would be. :o