Author Topic: Custom Powers Master List (Work In Progress)  (Read 163990 times)

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Powers Master List (Work In Progress)
« Reply #525 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
Ha. Ha.

What's the Supernatural Stunt comment referring to?

You wanted a new category for powers.

I figured calling one supernatural stunts ( a stunt that requires a power to have ; precluding a Pure Mortal from taking it, would basically be a power.)  You could call a new catergory Supernatural Stunts to help organize all the stunts or additions to powers that serve as stunts or superpowered stunts into this category.

As for the Ha. Ha. line: I meant what I typed on;y 60% in jest.  I honestly believe that sort of arms race would and should happen.  I feel it is just as viable a power.  I also think "The is no Salvation" should protect from holy touch and soulfire.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
Um...which Powers would go into that new category?

I just flipped through the list and I didn't see much that could be called a stunt.

Which is good, since I've worked hard to avoid Powers that ought to be stunts.

And I'd really rather not split the upgrades off of Powers. That would make the organization of the list significantly more confusing.

Good call concerning Soulfire. No need to specify that it works against Holy Touch, though. Holy Touch doesn't penetrate Catches.

PS: List update won't be today. Too tired.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
Um...which Powers would go into that new category?

I just flipped through the list and I didn't see much that could be called a stunt.

Which is good, since I've worked hard to avoid Powers that ought to be stunts.

And I'd really rather not split the upgrades off of Powers. That would make the organization of the list significantly more confusing.

Good call concerning Soulfire. No need to specify that it works against Holy Touch, though. Holy Touch doesn't penetrate Catches.

PS: List update won't be today. Too tired.

to fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed powers)
You may use your athletics skill instead of stealth, you can also sprint and sneak in the same action.

To fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed power)
Enemies with a lower alertness than your athletics takes a -2 penalty to trying to block your attacks as they can't properly see your movements.

Shape-shifting Weapon [-1] Your weapon is weightless in your hands and can change its shape either remaining the same size or shrinking. (attache to a IoP)

Giant Weapons [-1] (requires shape-shifting weaponry) Your weapon can now be made much bigger (add +2 to base weapons rating) Giant Weapons are very large and noticeable (at least person sized).

Mega Weapons (requires giant weapon) [-2] Your weapons can become obscenely over sized (car sized or Bigger) they hit for an extra 4 stress and have a zone wide radius of damage.

Giga Weapons (requires mega weapons) [-2] Your weapon can become unbelievably massive (house sized or bigger) they hit for an extra 6 stress and have a two zone radius.

Those aren't stutns I guess.  They do seem like upgrades to powers that are seperate from the powers they attach to.

Holy Touch does one stress regardless of toughnesses.  It sort of bypasses catches.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2012, 02:55:18 AM »

to fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed powers)
You may use your athletics skill instead of stealth, you can also sprint and sneak in the same action.

To fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed power)
Enemies with a lower alertness than your athletics takes a -2 penalty to trying to block your attacks as they can't properly see your movements.

Shape-shifting Weapon [-1] Your weapon is weightless in your hands and can change its shape either remaining the same size or shrinking. (attache to a IoP)

Giant Weapons [-1] (requires shape-shifting weaponry) Your weapon can now be made much bigger (add +2 to base weapons rating) Giant Weapons are very large and noticeable (at least person sized).

Mega Weapons (requires giant weapon) [-2] Your weapons can become obscenely over sized (car sized or Bigger) they hit for an extra 4 stress and have a zone wide radius of damage.

Giga Weapons (requires mega weapons) [-2] Your weapon can become unbelievably massive (house sized or bigger) they hit for an extra 6 stress and have a two zone radius.

Those aren't stutns I guess.  They do seem like upgrades to powers that are seperate from the powers they attach to.

Those are all in need of rewrites. If I'm not mistaken, they were all added in the latest update too.

Holy Touch does one stress regardless of toughnesses.

Upon what evidence do you found this conclusion? I see no reason to assume that the stress from Holy Touch has any special interaction with Toughness.

Once again, too tired to revise the list.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:17 AM »
Looking over the list today, I realized that I had not replaced the old Telepathy Power with the new and improved version.

So I did that.

Just letting y'all know.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »

Upon what evidence do you found this conclusion? I see no reason to assume that the stress from Holy Touch has any special interaction with Toughness.

It says it under the power write up in Your Story.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
Holy touch fulfills the catch of only "some creatures" not all of them, obviously the power is talking about creatures weak to holy. As for the 1 stress hit part of the power this isn't stated to ignore toughness.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2012, 04:34:37 AM »
So far as I can tell, ways and means is correct.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 29, 2012, 03:28:35 AM »
Holy touch fulfills the catch of only "some creatures" not all of them, obviously the power is talking about creatures weak to holy. As for the 1 stress hit part of the power this isn't stated to ignore toughness.

If it doesn't even ignore the toughness of things weak to holy it's pretty shitty.

I have to hope it would always deal one stress regardless of toughness. 

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 29, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
Hope as you will.
Houserule as you will.

I don't see room for debate where the RAW is concerned on this issue.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Radecliffe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 29, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
I have to go with Tedronai on this one.  There is no reason to believe that a holy touch should bypass any toughness power.  I do believe it would satisfy the Catch of toughness powers that were weak to holy things though.  That just makes sense.  But against anyone else it makes no sense at all. 

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 04, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
I guess I dislike the wording.

It never should have mentioned doing 1 stress.  Simply say unarmed attacks serve as weapon : 1.  ( It does say unarmed attacks are treated as weapon : 1.  I don't know why the dealing one stress part was mentioned.  Why it didn't simply say your unarmed attacks satisfy the catch of holy.

I'm not so much arguing my point anymore; just trying to figure on the rationale behind the wording.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 04, 2012, 05:39:44 AM »
I agree, actually.

Tried to fix all that with my rewrite. Hopefully I succeeded.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 04, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »
I agree, actually.

Tried to fix all that with my rewrite. Hopefully I succeeded.

I think you did.

Offline Shiniba

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 08, 2012, 04:51:59 AM »
So, reading this thread and some recent announcements in the nerd community got me thinking about a power. My first time designing anything in this system, so I'm sure it's gonna need some balancing.

Magical Soldier (+2)
You are completely indistinguishable from a normal mortal most of the time. However when the chips are down you have an ace up your sleeve, a seemingly mundane object which triggers the awakening of potential inside of you. Your attire changes to that of your Soldier Form, and powers that were otherwise inaccessible to you become unlocked.

Soldier Trigger- You have a small, otherwise mundane item in your possession. Holding that item and speaking an incantation activates your Soldier Form. The incantation and transformation takes your entire turn. Your Soldier Form looks identical to your normal form, except for minor differences in things like hair length and eye color, and your attire changes.
Block- You have a mental block which keeps you from accessing your Soldier Form without your the item in your Soldier Trigger. The Soldier Form is not granted by the item, you just need it to access the Form.
Soldier Power- Any Supernatural Powers you have (At least 3 Fate Points' worth) which do not come from an external force (Faith Powers, Sponsored Magic, etc) must be tied to your Soldier Form, and cannot be accessed or used when in your normal form.
Soldier Gear- Any armor, weapons, or magical gear you own is tied to your Soldier Form. In your normal form, you can't carry anything more dangerous than a pocket knife.

Edit: The news was that they're remaking Sailor Moon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:20:07 AM by Shiniba »