Author Topic: Your Craziest Concepts  (Read 15780 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Craziest Concepts
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
Good example.

The problem is that a lot of people have not played higher level games and/or have not played with someone who is good at combat.

In my first game ever I was able to put together a 36 shift evocation attack at chest deep power level.

Submerged and higher characters are obviously progressively nastier and nastier.

How ? dosen't that mean 18 control and 18 power? Unless you were fate point farming for ages then spent half the battle manouvring.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
How ? dosen't that mean 18 control and 18 power? Unless you were fate point farming for ages then spent half the battle manouvring.

I spent 3 or 4 rounds maneuvering, I had 2 taggable aspects done by thaumatergy earlier that day, I used a minor mental consequence (hadn't casted yet) to up my shifts of power, I rolled high in discipline for my control roll, I put every fate point I had on the result (4 or 5 of them), and I took 2 sponsor debt with my sponsored magic to add 4 more shifts of power.

I think the end result was a 20 control/targetting roll for 16 shifts of power.

:)

Granted, after the blast my character was very, very vulnerable, but I felt the risk was justified because he was hiding behind some crates giving a border(terminology?) of 2 against incoming fire and there had been a huge, nasty monster bearing down on him that needed to be dealt with.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »
WCV who feeds on fear. (taht part isn't really crazy, bear with me) Slowly feeds on people on adrenaline highs (some argue this is excitement rather than fear, but some of those people are generally freaked out now and again).  Is always going to teh "X-Games" sky diving, bungie jumping.  Similar to Thomas he wants to be more human than vampire.   Small amount os fear could be siphoned from any/all of them.

Offline Peteman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
I was going to play a character on another board (sadly, it died), and one of the Powers I was planning on giving her was No Fourth Wall. Think Cassandra's Tears but funnier.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
I was going to play a character on another board (sadly, it died), and one of the Powers I was planning on giving her was No Fourth Wall. Think Cassandra's Tears but funnier.
Deadpool"?

Offline Peteman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
Deadpool"?

More inspired by Disgaea (it wasn't a standard setting).

Samael

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2011, 01:08:05 AM »
Here are a couple concepts I had.

A Pimp-Wizard with all of his ho's being minor talents. For reference he dresses in stereotypical pimp swag with the fuzzy purple coat and the diamond topped cane.

A WVC that organizes Cons for different fandoms, he would feed on Obsession.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:57:19 AM by Samael »

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »
I like the wizard. He needs a rote for pimp slapping.  Also, a potion in the form of powder.  Aspect: Keep the pimp hand strong
...too much?

HC:Were-Temple Dog Wandering Monk
Trouble: Over Protective Instincts
1.Bark worse than my bite, 2.Mouse's second cousin 3.Iron Fist,Iron Bite etc.

Sponsored magic from Celestial Foo Dog?

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
I like the wizard. He needs a rote for pimp slapping.  Also, a potion in the form of powder.  Aspect: Keep the pimp hand strong
...too much?

Here's a spell from a villainess I wrote - she runs a modelling agency where she uses minor transformations to give the girls the Aspect of "Looks Good Enough To Model" for a week a time (it takes 9 to 11 shifts to cast - depending on how pretty she wants the girl to be).  She developed a rote to keep her models inline:

Name: Phantom B-Slap
Type: Air Evocation, Attack
Power: 1
Duration: 1 exchanges
Area: One target
Resisted by: Athletics
It feels like the air just slapped you.  It's a weapon 1 attack that needs to be targeted.  It's not very effective in combat but it gets her point across to uppity models.

more on that character be found at:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,24639.0.html

As for the silly concepts I've ever had, check out the cuteness thread at:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,25470.0.html

Richard

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »
Fallen Forgiven
First there is the idea of a Fallen Angel that resides inside a huge and very old church, like europe old. there is one in particular I like for this, because it is pretty close to where I live: clicky. The Fallen Angel is not exactly good, but inside the church he sees the error of his ways and tries to redeem himself. Some of the clerics know about him, and they try to help him achieve his goal. The biggest problem for him though is, that he can never leave the church before he is fully redeemed, because his darker nature would take over again, without being on holy ground. He would be a great face for a faction inside a city, I think.

I usually don't like quoting myself, but somehow a piece of information just hit me, and I don't know how I could have missed it. The church I linked is the resting place to one Charlemagne. Though I knew that, I just now made the connection to Michael and what Molly found about their heritage. Definitely have to put that in there somehow.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Samael

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »
now that is COOL, I love the connection on how your tying it into canon.

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
... This just seems silly now, but one of my players used to play an emissary of power for an old god. He gave up his senses (other than touch and taste) in order to have power over shadows. Instead of seeing, he sensed the differences in shadows around people. He could read lips like this... but he couldn't tell when the ogre was breaking in the wall nearby.

Offline Kraken

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2011, 04:56:37 AM »
One that came up while someone was making a ghost-speaking were-jaguar...

A Were-Cougar Cougar.
T: In Heat
Aspects such as: Me-yow, On the Prowl, there were a few more that we joked about.

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
I've been toying around with a "Battery"-based Hunger character, one that takes their power from the environment rather than from people. I may have gone a bit Kryptonian with this one, but I like it.

Solar Powered Scion
EMT Training (Scholarship) [-1]; You are at +2 when using Scholarship to administer medical care.
Involuntary Human Form [+2] (Needs Direct Sunlight)
~~Supernatural Recovery [-4]
Human Guise [-0]
~~Aura of Light [-0]; Based on the Faerie Light (or whatever it is called) power that Pixie's have in OW.
Solar Powered [+1]; as a Modified Feeding Dependency (uses Endurance for the Hunger track, can’t kill to remove stress, as long as he is in direct sunlight he does not need to opt out of a scene to recover from Hunger stress)
~~Sunfire (Breath Weapon) [-2];
~~Wings [-1]; Made of fiery light.
~~Inhuman Speed [-2]

Superb: Endurance
Great: Athletics, Weapons
Good: Empathy, Presence
Fair:  Investigation, Rapport, Scholarship
Average: Alertness, Conviction, Discipline, Intimidation, Lore

P - OOOO, +1 Mild
M - OOO
S - OOOO
H - OOOO, +1 Mild

If Submerged, add:

Healing Light [-2]
Description: By channeling your supernatural energy into somebody else you allow them to begin the healing process, and may even help them recover to perfect health.
Skills Affected: Empathy
Effects:
Starting Recovery. You may use this power to make Empathy declarations (modified by Scholarship’s Medical Attention trapping) to justify the start of natural recovery from physical consequences, just as if they'd gone to a doctor or the hospital.
Healing Pool. You have a pool of healing power equal to your Empathy.
Healing Surge. You may spend a fate point to allow somebody to recover from all of their physical consequences up to Severe as if they were a Mild. Subtract the value of the highest consequence so affected from your Healing Pool.
Healing Backlash. At the end of the scene you must roll against a hunger attack with a value equal to the number of negative points in your healing pool. If you have used other powers attached to your Feeding Dependency during the course of the scene, this (positive) value is added to the overall strength of the hunger attack you would suffer from use of your powers instead.

Superb: Endurance
Great: Athletics, Empathy, Weapons
Good: Presence, Rapport, Scholarship
Fair: Alertness, Discipline, Investigation
Average: Conviction, Intimidation, Lore
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Realities PBW restart
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »
WCV who feeds on fear. (taht part isn't really crazy, bear with me) Slowly feeds on people on adrenaline highs (some argue this is excitement rather than fear, but some of those people are generally freaked out now and again).  Is always going to teh "X-Games" sky diving, bungie jumping.  Similar to Thomas he wants to be more human than vampire.   Small amount os fear could be siphoned from any/all of them.

I think I've met him. He was in charge of the fire walk I did in aid of Barnardos...
His health and safety briefing consisted of "What you are about to do is not safe & in no way good for your health."
I would HATE to be a character in one of the stories I write -
and then there are the days when it looks too much like I AM!