Author Topic: Something Important  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Beefstew

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Something Important
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:56:06 AM »
Google has this program, I don't remember what it's called, that makes you do math on the weekends after a certain period of time to ensure you aren't emailing drunk.  I would lkike this program to be implemented all the time on this forum :)  My schedule is erratic, and I like to post drunk, as some theories make more sense to me.  However when revising those theories sober, they make less sense.   :D  Please implement some sort of control over the postings so no one posts drunk anymore  :o thanks  :D

Beef
My opinion is so valuable, that when I give someone my two cents, I usually get back change.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Something Important
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
Are you kidding? Drunk theories are high-quality entertainment for the rest of us. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Lisa™

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
*Quavering sloshed voice* Right. *Hic* No, lishen. Lishen. Harry, right? Harry *hic* ..... 'Scushe me. *Hic* Where wash I?

Harry! Right. Thing 'about him ish, right.  No, lishen an' I'll tell you! Harry'sh- Harry'sh the ... HE'SH BATMAN! Sssssshhh ....
Quote from: CrazyGerbilLady
Full Assed FTW!

Quote from: Snowleopard
I have a friend who'd say: "That sounds vaguely obscene and if there's anything I can't stand it's vagueness!"

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
See? Entertaining. Because everyone KNOWS that EHREN is the crowbegotten Batman.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »
Ok, Lisa: that was first time I laughed to a post on the forum, for some time , not just smiled but laughed a small laugh. :)
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Beefstew

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
See!  This is exactly why this program needs to be implemented!  I wasn't even sure I posted this.  haha.
My opinion is so valuable, that when I give someone my two cents, I usually get back change.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »
Somehow trying to give a forum thread a breathalizer test sounds a bit difficult.
Interesting but difficult. ;D

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:07:26 AM »
Some people actually make much better posts when they are drinking. I find sleep deprivation adds a lot to mine.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Lisa™

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:54 AM »
See? Entertaining. Because everyone KNOWS that EHREN is the crowbegotten Batman.

Sssssshhh! :D

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:53:38 AM by Lisa™ »
Quote from: CrazyGerbilLady
Full Assed FTW!

Quote from: Snowleopard
I have a friend who'd say: "That sounds vaguely obscene and if there's anything I can't stand it's vagueness!"

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
Why am I reminded of the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where they did a drinking reflexes test with Venus Flytrap and Johnny Fever and a Highway Patrol guy.  As Venus got drunk - he got slower and sillier - the drunker Johnny got the faster and more coherent he got.  The Highway Patrol guy ended up getting drunk with Venus because Johnny's test results just didn't work for him.
Not knowing that drunk was Johnny's normal state of being.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 02:28:49 AM »
Drunken posts are fun! They are to be allowed!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 05:58:51 AM »
Drunken posts are fun! They are to be allowed!

Allowed heck, how do you think we get extra money for the site. ;D  (Just teasing folks, just teasing.)
In Vino Veritas. ::) ::).

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:49:34 PM »
Drunk posts sound like fun ;D
And I suck at math, if you put that program here I won't be able to post at all ;D :P
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Glorificus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
  Please implement some sort of control over the postings so no one posts drunk anymore  :o thanks  :D

Beef

And deprive us all of Ms Duck's theories?

And poetry?

You must have posted this when you were drunk.  8)
What if pigs flew around on the backs of sparkly vampires?

The best thing about my faerie godmother is that the creepy just keeps on coming. p. 273

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 04:19:20 AM »
considering my famous duckslexia, I would not be able to post at all...

this, then, is a cunning plan...
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky