Author Topic: Non-Standard Settings?  (Read 10115 times)

Offline AlexFallad

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Standard Settings?
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
I'm playing in a straight-up DFRPG and running a DFRPG Star Wars game which is going very well.

Without regurgitating everything, here's some of my ideas (it is a post Endor rebuild the Jedi order game pretty independent of the EU stuff out there)

Lightsabers are Weapon:2 and ignore up to Armor:2
Basic Force Sensitivity is in 2 categories: Discipline and Conviction, each costing -1 refresh and negating the "Pure Mortal" template.  Basic Force Sensitivity allows the PC to complement his other skills if it seems like The Force could aid them in the task (which is pretty frequently).  Discipline can be used if the task is done calmly, defensively, or passively; Conviction if the task is done aggressively.

Taking 1 Force power unlocks the Lore skill and the PC's Force stress track.  Each subsequent power allows another skill to add boxes to the Force track.  No one has gotten that far, but I'll even allow things like Piloting or Weapons to be the skill that factors in, but the trick is that the contributing skill governs how the Force stress track can be used. For example, a particular Jedi may want his Lore +2, Weapons +4 and Conviction +5 to set his Force stress track, so his track would base 2 +1 for Lore, +2 for Weapons and +3 for Conviction along with an additional mild consequence on his Force stress track...total of 8 boxes! Marking off a stress box either allows a power to be used or provides a +2/reroll to a skill.

Control Force power -1
Mark of a Force stress box for bonuses to Athletics, start the healing process for a physical consequence, accelerate the healing of a physical consequence, withstand extreme environmental effects (like holding a lightsaber in a bulkhead and withstanding the radiant heat)

Alter power -1
Mark off stress boxes to use Conviction or Discipline to move objects or strike out with the Force.

Sense -1
Mark off stress boxes for a bonus to Alertness or Investigation and allowing visions throught the Force

Offline AlexFallad

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Standard Settings?
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but my comp is quirky about long posts...

The Wookiee in the group has Inhuman Strength and Toughness and the Nautolan has Aquatic.

Along with the basic Force powers, more powerful specific applications will cost additional refresh.  I'm only creating these specific powers for the more powerful applications of the Force
Force Lightning (-1) Add 2 to Conviction rolls to do damage
Lightsaber Deflect (-1)  Use Weapons to defend or Block vs. projectiles.  When Blocking blasters, defensive "spin" actually allows the Block strength to become an attack
Jedi Mind Trick (-1) Use Deceit at +2 and allow improbable suggestions/lies to succeed