Author Topic: Casefile: Night Fears  (Read 3807 times)

Offline sandchigger

• Conversationalist
  • His Holiness, the Chigg
    • View Profile
Re: Casefile: Night Fears
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 03:15:58 PM »
I recall Butters as having been described as wearing very thick glasses. And a poof of black dandelion hair. I always pictured him as Curtis Armstrong in scrubs and glasses, myself.
I may well be silly, but I am never moronic.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
He even wears glasses on the drawing in OW118 and the glasses are mentioned in the writeup on him.
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline lordoracle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

I'm planning to use this for a trial run to see what areas I need to bone up on before running a full campaign.

And this helped me solve making an NPC trickster.
"If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »
Ok. So I ran this today as a convention game and I think everybody head a blast.

I especially liked the questions that make the players acquainted with the characters and with each other. An other great thing was that you can start pretty much right after you have explained skills, went through the questions and set some aspects. Half an hour prep time with four of the players being complete strangers to DFRPG and two being complete strangers even to the novels ... very very enjoyable this.

Spoiler alert:
(click to show/hide)

Unfortunately one of the players head her backpack stolen right from under our noses and we had to abort the game before we could enter the third act. I feel like it would have even gotten better and scarier at the end. I strongly recommend you trie this out sometime. Perhaps even with some people who usually don't roleplay or haven't any understanding of DF or the RPG.  

in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!