Author Topic: Fresh meat walking, talking, and...  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
Fresh meat walking, talking, and...
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »
...saying hello.

(okay, really sitting and typing, but let's not get stuck on semantics)

Read the books, planning to run the game. Planning to introduce some incarnation of Set Abominae (from the Iced Earth concept albums if you're not familiar) as a major antagonist. Speaking of which, that band's album "Horror Show" is a good listen; it being a concept album for things that go nom nom nom in the night.

So, that's all I have to say about that (for now).

Cheers!  ;D
No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh meat walking, talking, and...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:30 AM »
Hi.

Thanks for the music tip.

So, do you have any questions?

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »
Hi.

Thanks for the music tip.

So, do you have any questions?

No problem.

Not as of yet. I just started reading the core rulebooks, so I'm not deep enough in yet to have formulated any real confusion.

I suppose I could ask what books the default setting is placed between. I gathered it is before Changes, and I know the timeline is really a matter of preference for the GM and group. I suppose I'm wondering if it is before or after Turncoat.
No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »
I believe it covers the first 10 books, so "Storm Front" to "Small Favor," plus a few of the short stories and comics in between.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
There's a place that lists all the books and stories it covers.  It's near the front - next to "what is a roleplaying game".  It ends with Small Favors.

Note: Our World has massive spoilers for everything listed there.  If you haven't read all the short stories listed then track them down and read them before you go through Our World or you'll how most of those stories end.

Richard

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
There's a place that lists all the books and stories it covers.  It's near the front - next to "what is a roleplaying game".  It ends with Small Favors.

Note: Our World has massive spoilers for everything listed there.  If you haven't read all the short stories listed then track them down and read them before you go through Our World or you'll how most of those stories end.

Richard

Nah, won't be a problem. My players and I have read everything that Jim has fed our eager minds. Well technically I'm still finishing Side Jobs, but you get the drift.  ;)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
There are spoilers for Side Jobs.  Many spoilers.  At one point I put Our World aside until I tracked down every story that I had missed from Side Jobs.

Seriously - unless it's Love Hurts, Aftermath, or Even Hand there will be spoilers for it.  And when they list books - one of them is a graphic novel (Welcome to the Jungle).  It's worth picking up and the plot is completely spoiled by Our World pages 58 and 59.

Richard

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
There are spoilers for Side Jobs.  Many spoilers.  At one point I put Our World aside until I tracked down every story that I had missed from Side Jobs.

Seriously - unless it's Love Hurts, Aftermath, or Even Hand there will be spoilers for it.  And when they list books - one of them is a graphic novel (Welcome to the Jungle).  It's worth picking up and the plot is completely spoiled by Our World pages 58 and 59.

Richard

Just finished Side Jobs  ;)

Spoilers don't bother me too much. I'm the kind of person that can know the endings to things and still enjoy them. It's always been a personality quirk of mine. I tend to sink into things holistically, so I take more from a story/movie/tv experience than just the plot.

That's it! I'm a fiction vampire, I eat the essence of fiction. What does that make me? Purple Court? Neon-green Court?  :-\