Author Topic: power Ex  (Read 4464 times)

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: power Ex
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
well he did manage to kill off a decent amount of the NPCs that were helping my group
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
does anyone have any idea for some good physical and mental consequences with bonus of +2
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline MorkaisChosen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:45 PM »
does anyone have any idea for some good physical and mental consequences with bonus of +2
Not quite sure what you mean by "with bonus of +2"- mild consequences, or something a bit more subtle?

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

This page has a whole list of consequences and suggested severity.

Edit: sorry, I forgot the link: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23961.0.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:19:40 PM by devonapple »
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »
whoa whoa whoa sorry my bad i meant to say catches of +2 refresh for physical and mental. who how the heck did i mess that up.

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 09:20:08 PM »
whoa whoa whoa sorry my bad i meant to say catches of +2 refresh for physical and mental. who how the heck did i mess that up.

Tell me more about what you are wanting to do?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline MorkaisChosen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
Hrm.

Physical: Cold iron, fire, wood, leather, that sort of thing for substance-catches; strangling, bludgeoning, cutting, or stabbing injuries; "things that have been alive"; a single weak point that's easy to hit, as long as you know it's there.

Mental: Mental stuff's often used for resisting torture, so maybe strobe lighting (or even just bright lights) are the sort of thing that come to mind; more esoteric things might include a prolonged loud or dissonant noise, or any simple technique anyone could set up- dripping water, sensory deprivation, hair-pulling...

Does that help?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 05:34:23 AM »
so then i guess out loud prayer would work then for mental.   for like a social catch i thought it would be a type of person like wizzard or were creature, r maybe just a certain social stat in general

Offline MorkaisChosen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »
I have no idea how a social catch would even happen, TBH.

Offline Gatts

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
I can actually picture a social catch, if you couch it in vaguely fairy tale terms. Most would be +0 or +1 though, like believing anything chanted by three or more people. Being terrified of people with blond hair or easily swayed by anyone attractive could work too. Fair warning though, these are all off the top of my head though.

It sounds very difficult to price and balance though.

Offline MorkaisChosen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »
Yeah, 'cause as currently written, the only thing a Catch can attach to is Toughness and Recovery- so "scared of blond people" is tough to implement.