Author Topic: Nevernever rules  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Bottom The Weaver

• Participant
  • Oh what an ass am I.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevernever rules
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
When venturing into the Nevernever, I might stick to standard zombie rules: guns are nice, but blades never have to be reloaded. At the very least, any guns should be able to double as blunt weapons. And if they've got enough steel in them, that might be enough to get you through Faerie if you end up in a fight.

Or you might end up roasting over a pit in the Erlking's hall...but at least you'll have a chance.
"What fools these mortals be." - Billy Shakes

Offline Khayne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Thanks for all the excellent feedback :)

Offline MorkaisChosen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
Maybe.  I'd probably substitute COnviction for Firearms when using them in most areas of the Nevernever.
Seems a bit excessive to me- maybe making Conviction modify it, instead.

Offline evileeyore

• Conversationalist
  • PIZZA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
Is this referencing something dresdenverse specific or are you discussing a common legend. If it's the latter (as I suspect it is) it may not be relevant. Remember in the third book Lea reacts very negatively to the concept of Harry leaving Iron in the Faerie parts of the Nevernever. Seems to me that things like that would be ridiculous if common faeries were running around with iron all the time.

Real world myth.  Also, don't forget "Harry Is An Inconsistant Narrator" and "Fae Lie" when your discussing what Lea likes or dislikes.  Lea might not like it (and Fae in general might agree) but that doesn't mean it's a toxic substance that will damage the Nevernever.

The Dewdrop fairies end up running about with stainless steel cutters without ill affect.  Cold Iron may not be the "end all be all" to all Fae.  It might only affect the Lords and Ladies, the higher up muckety mucks... you know anyone likely to have Toughness powers with a Catch.

Cold Iron doesn't cause anymore damage to Joe Normal Fae than anything else, it just acts as a penetrator to "armored up" Fae, those with Toughness Powers.

Plus, an entity like the erlking will be offended, if you don't bring weapons, and bringing iron would just mean you are coming prepared, so he would probably be both, offended and impressed.

I doubt the Erlking would be offended if one came Ironclad before him.  He would expect one to come as prepared as possible.

In fact, he might be offended if you came without Iron if you are reputed by always go about armed with it.