Author Topic: A Minor Mechanical Problem  (Read 7743 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: A Minor Mechanical Problem
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
You don't get to add your supplemental move if you're sprinting.

? Where does it say, sprintings is full action but it didn't say in it's description that that it prohibited free or supplemental actions. 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
See the example on Page 212 OW, and the writeup on supplemental moves on page 213.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
I missed the bit in mythic speed about sprinting.

p
That makes it more worth having.

Teaches me to make forum posts from memory!
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
As a rule the speed powers are pretty good better than the strength powers for non-grapplers. 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »
It depends. The strength powers, even with just inhuman strength, allow you to break exterior walls of most buildings if you got a base might of superb and simply plow through weaker barriers without needing to roll. Even just inhuman strength would allow you to use a 100-pound I-beam or other heavy dense lever as a weapon, leading to weapon 6 attacks (4 from the weapon, 2 from inhuman strength). Just inhuman strength would also allow you to wear an advanced bomb suit and still easily move its bulk while you carry and shoot an M2 BMG. Of course, availability of said equipment is subject to the GM. Strength also means you are nigh-impossible to restrain, imprison or otherwise hold on to. If you can break exterior walls, what are bars and handcuffs to you? If you took your time, you could pretty much climb most surfaces as if they were ladders by simply punching handholds into them. And the GM can almost never tell you you are carrying too much loot. Last but not least, you can do maneuvers with Might in a great deal of situations. Wanna throw that sofa on an opponent to add the aspect "Knocked Down"? Lift an informant one-handed to help with intimidation? Put a bookcase to block the corridor so the bad guys cannot pass? Rip off a fuse box to plunge the room in darkness? Knock a hole in the wall to make an escape route for the team? Break the floor with your foot so the enemy falls into the basement beneath? Impress the ladies by half-lifting a nearby car? Cause uproar in a diplomatic meeting by breaking the Round Table?

While Athletics is really good for defense and moving yourself, because Might is for moving objects and people it can be used in a vast number of situations and effects. There's a reason "superstrength" is the second most common superpower, and that strength is a very desirable physical trait.