Author Topic: Violating the Laws through Evocation  (Read 959 times)

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Violating the Laws through Evocation
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »
Everybody seems to focus on spells that don't violate the laws. I personally like to think about spells that would break the laws, to give the villains (and some PCs with a more evil bent and refresh to spare) cool things to do that are plausible in the rules. A lot of the actual Law breaking seems to be done through thaumaturgy, but I don't think that the 1st Law should be the only one possible to break through Evocation.

The 3rd and 4th law seem easy enough to break through Spirit Evocations. What about the rest though?
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Violating the Laws through Evocation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:02:02 AM »
1st is really easy as well, so I thought I'd skip that.

People avoid the 2nd because to transform one thing into another you have to take it out. However I could see this being done over a period of time with the stress/consequences from each attack representing the gradual twisting of the character. 5th one could describe the attacks as using ghosts or even stripping the life directly from them. 6th is interesting. You could describe it as gradually slowing someone till they're frozen in time or unaging the character till they cease to exist. 7th could be described as driving people mad or slinging about mordite like blobs or tentacles from otherworldly realms.

Really it all has to do with flavor. In the end, mechanically every spellcaster has the same three options for evocation (four if you count counterspelling). It all depends on how you describe your magic and how it works.