Author Topic: RCV player characters  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Nyarlathotep5150

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
RCV player characters
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
     Now, its pretty clear from the novels and the nature of Red Court Vampires that they're not suitable as Player characters, regardless of refresh level.
     My question is, can anyone think of a believable reason why they would allow a PC to keep their character after they became one (assuming for this example a refresh 12+ game)?
    More specifically, I'm thinking it would need to be something more interesting and original than, "He's still got something to fight for.", since the thematic metaphor of the first feed implies that you've given up on whatever you were fighting for (as well as giving up your soul).

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: RCV player characters
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
KOFFEYKID played a full RCV who had her soul given back or forcibly attached to her or something. He paid an extra refresh for it and got some kind of bonus, I think.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »
I worked up this power for my Red Court Vampire.

Gifted With Soul [+1]
Description: You are different from other Red Court Vampires. Normally your kind do not have a soul, for it is antithesis to your being, and destroyed once you have had your first killing feed. You however have somehow managed to store your soul in an item, making a phylactery of sorts.
Musts: You must be a red court vampire, must have an aspect that reflects this power.
Effects:
Silence the Beast. You loose your Echoes of the Beast power. As a Red Court Vampire with a Soul your beast is suppressed by the morals other Red Court Vampires lack. You are reimbursed for the refresh cost of Echoes of the beast, since you no longer have it.
Refresh Bonus. You have somehow maintained your soul, keeping free will. Add +1 to your refresh level.
Phylactery. Your soul is stored in an item that you must keep on your person at all times. If it leaves your person, you loose the above benefits, becoming an NPC. You may spend one fate point to give you one days time to retrieve the item.
Altered Catch. You are no longer burnt to a cinder in sunlight, but you are weakened in it. In sunlight your catch is automatically satisfied for any attack. In addition add a new condition to your catch: "Phylactery Damage."
Made Whole [-1]. If you take this upgrade your soul no longer resides in your phylactery, which becomes a mundane item, it has been restored to your body. You loose the "Phylactery" portion of this ability, and the "Phylactery Damage" condition on your catch.

The idea was that her lover died and used his death curse to bless her with a way to keep her soul. It was a cool character.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
The idea was that her lover died and used his death curse to bless her with a way to keep her soul. It was a cool character.

Nice idea, seems like a fun character to play :)
I would perhaps allow my players to play a RCV if they came up with a good explanation( like the above)!
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Peteman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

I think what would have been awesome would be that she killed him and his death curse was "REMEMBER ME!!!"

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
She did kill him, I didn't go to in depth but basically the story was:

She was a member of the order of saint giles and he was a Wizard of the council, both of them were operating in the 'boonies' of southern america as a cooperative effort between their respective organizations during the war. They worked together for a few years before their team was captured. The reds played with her by torturing her and forcing her body to heal to use up it's reserves and throw her into full blown hunger. Then they left her in the same room as her wizard lover. She went mad with hunger and killed him, and he used his death curse to save her soul since he knew it wasn't her fault.

Offline Malckuss

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
This = WIN! ;D

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »