Author Topic: Bigfoot - Scion of the Naagloshii  (Read 2781 times)

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Bigfoot - Scion of the Naagloshii
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
Been toying around with this idea for a while.

Since the dawn of human memory, the Naagloshii have existed as part of our world as messengers between the Holy People and the different mortal clans of North America. Semi-divine immortals, their power was bestowed on them by the Holy People as they were entrusted with protecting the natural world and teaching the clans the skills they needed to survive. It was understood that this power was temporary. When the Holy People were about to leave this world, they called back the Naagloshii. Most came, but some did not. Those that remained had become selfish with their power and refused to return it. They hid from the Holy People. Since that time, any Naagloshii encountered were not like those the first people knew. They were sadistic and cruel, exemplifying the harsher aspects of nature. They began to hunt the first people for food and tortured them for pleasure. They even took some mortals for the purpose of breeding. Thus the first Stiyaha were born.

With traits of both parents, the Stiyaha are described as large hairy ape-like creatures, standing nearly 10 feet fall and weighing 500 pounds, covered in hair that ranges from dark brown to golden. They also gained the Naagloshii's ability to transform into different animal forms. They can be faster than the fastest deer, stronger than the largest bear, and more agile than the nimble hare. The first people have always known of the Stiyaha, calling them such names as Kwi-kwiyai, Skoocooms, Sésquac, or Ts'emekewes. In modern times they are known by their anglicized names: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and the Yeti (for those Stiyaha that fled across the land bridge that connected North America to Asia). Each tribe had a different relationship with the Stiyaha and their creators. Those that chose to follow the Holy Path found their presence reviling. There were others still that attempted to emulate the demons and their progeny. These truly mortal practitioners became the Skinwalkers of legend, evil shamans that have learned to wear the skins of animals and emulate their gifts.

While the Naagloshii want to learn to harness other gifts like those taught to them by the Holy People (usually by feeding on the power of the being), the Stiyaha are most interested in returning the world to it's natural primitive state.

Name: Stiyaha (or Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, any number of tribal names)
High Concept: Skinwalker, the Scion of the Naagloshii
Skills:
Endurance: Great
Intimidation: Great
Stealth: Great
Fists: Great
Survival: Superb
Most other skills default to Good

Mortal Stunts:
Hunter (Survival): Use Survival instead fo Investigation when tracking prey.

Powers:
Hulking Size -2
Inhuman Strength -2
Inhuman Toughness -2
Inhuman Recovery -2
Catch (+1 Holy objects)
True Shapeshifting -4
Modular Abilities -8 (6 form points)

Stress:
Mental: oo
Social: oo
Physical: oooooo(oo)

Refresh: -20
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:19:31 AM by bobjob »
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Bigfoot - Scion of the Naagloshii
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
The one problem I have with this is that I remember Harry mentioning meeting a bigfoot and saying it was pretty nice. I am trying to remember which short story it was in at the moment...
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
The one problem I have with this is that I remember Harry mentioning meeting a bigfoot and saying it was pretty nice. I am trying to remember which short story it was in at the moment...
I don't think that was a short story but a WoJ unfortunately I can't remember it right now, but it was something about Harry and Big Foot talking around a camp fire and how Big Foot complained about the changing times, about how his son shaving and wanting to go into the city.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Peteman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
Hey, the Anti-Anti-Christ is a perfectly valid trope.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »

Now that you mention that, I remember reading it somewhere too. Oh well. Maybe Harry met an even tempered Bigfoot.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
And wasn't there a thing on pronoun issues and the lack of need to recombine DNA?
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »
I just thought it would be a fun way to keep Bigfoot in the world. It would explain why people keep seeing them, but why no large populations exist to be found (because they shape shift into other animals). I also went back to old stories how they have attacked logging equipment and what not to give them their current motivations.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline batmanjr

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
Since he is so rare, I would think Biggie would have a great stealth skill.  And I wouldn't think he is hulking size, he'd be too easy to spot. :P

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
That's why I added the shapeshifting. The ones that are seen in their true form are always recorded as huge, taller than a man. But since I did them up as Scions, I gave them the shape shifting abilities of their parentage, giving them the ability to make themselves smaller.

Maybe I need to rework the stats some and put the Hulking Size and what not under their shapeshifting.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
I don't think that was a short story but a WoJ unfortunately I can't remember it right now, but it was something about Harry and Big Foot talking around a camp fire and how Big Foot complained about the changing times, about how his son shaving and wanting to go into the city.

Bigfoot gets a nod in one story (about being a nice guy), then I think there was WoJ expanding that comment further to what you said.  Can't remember which story though.

Offline Vine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »
Pretty sure the book in question is Changes, but it might have been Small Favor.

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 04:44:48 AM »
Pretty sure the book in question is Changes, but it might have been Small Favor.

From Changes, the chapter in
(click to show/hide)
:

“Though I suppose I actually have seen Bigfoot, and he seems like a decent guy, but the metaphor still stands."