Author Topic: How would you stat up a djinn?  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: How would you stat up a djinn?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 03:18:41 AM »
What kind of icicle are you talking about then?  The reason I would give him some resistance is because he warms up the area around him, so that any cold weapon that came in contact with him not backed up with a cooling system would be rendered useless.

Not saying it is going to be good for multiple attacks, just that it would satisfy the catch imho.

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 03:27:59 AM »
Ok. I just find it amusing trying to make like Buffy on a column of fire with an icicle.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline Drazha

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 04:36:44 AM »
I'm partial to the idea that the djinn have bodies composed of dark colored glass with fire burning inside of them. This could give them a beautiful appearance that some of them are described as having as well as fulfilling the whole made of fire and sand bit (fire+sand=glass). It could also the different color theme that crops up. As for how this applies to the jann i'm not to sure. Glau is a huge pain in the backside for me personally at the moment. I really want to make a jann/djinn character that's somewhat close to what Mr. Butcher had in mind (im a purist that way >.<) and how the jann has been displayed in the books has kinda been bleh. Glau is ugly, frog like, has a stupid mouth with shark teeth, can run a little bit faster than normal, is kinda tough, and can maybe run on air. Oh, and he's a good lawyer..... a sharky lawyer(pun intended maybe?). Not that impressive for something thats supposed to be born for what essentially is the equivalent to an angel. Maybe I should bribe someone into asking Jim what he had in mind for them at one of his book signings... /sigh

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:02 AM »
AFAIK, there were supposed to be plenty of 'common' djinn.  For comparison, Harry is 'served by many fae', and fae includes thing like Titania, Mab, and the Erlking so Harry oughta be an awesome power on this earth, right? :D

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
AFAIK, there were supposed to be plenty of 'common' djinn.  For comparison, Harry is 'served by many fae', and fae includes thing like Titania, Mab, and the Erlking so Harry oughta be an awesome power on this earth, right? :D

He is an awesome power though...isn't he?  : )

Mind you, he could do with some more manners, but you can't have everything.