Author Topic: Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!  (Read 289772 times)

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
Re: Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »
I recently decided that I want a shirt that says something to the effects of "Warning: Black Magic can result in death by poultry" or "Black Court Vampires Weakness: Sunlight, religious symbols, falling poultry."

ToddM326

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »
I also have a shirt that has "Remember the Seven Laws:" and then a listing of the laws. It came out neat also.

How much does it cost to make one shirt?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2007, 08:57:42 AM »
I've had a shirt made by Cafepress before and last I remember it's somewhere between $17 and $22 for a plain white tee. More for changing the color or design.

Offline eviladam

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I was slightly offended by the Easter shirt. Offended isn't always bad, though.

Anyway, I thought a good shirt design would be to have a wind up duck on the front and on the back have a saying about the duck being able to find things or whatever.

Edit: I'd also like to have a shirt (despite getting annoyed by its constant use in book 2 and 3) that says "Hell's Bells" on it.

This isn't even a shirt idea really, but this post and a recent comment I heard made on Easter about it being "the day God raised to cadburry bunny from the dead."

I'm sure this would be misunderstood but I've thought of a tattoo of Jesus in an EasterBunny suit (head off and laying on the ground) cruciufed with a banner that says "In Cadbury we trust."

I mean this not in any sacrilidgeous way. Just my statement about what Easter is supposed ot be about, and what it's become about.

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »
Sigh.

I believe this means all the recent designs are currently out of commission.

If someone notices that they're back up -- or if a week passes and they're not back -- please post here so I can remember to go bust some heads.

Woo! My girlfriend now has a LIMMITED  EDITION  Inspected by Bob thong!
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

ToddM326

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »
Woo! My girlfriend now has a LIMMITED  EDITION  Inspected by Bob thong!

Can we get pictures of that?   ;D

(just kidding)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2007, 06:47:13 PM »
This isn't even a shirt idea really, but this post and a recent comment I heard made on Easter about it being "the day God raised to cadburry bunny from the dead."

I'm sure this would be misunderstood but I've thought of a tattoo of Jesus in an EasterBunny suit (head off and laying on the ground) cruciufed with a banner that says "In Cadbury we trust."

I mean this not in any sacrilidgeous way. Just my statement about what Easter is supposed ot be about, and what it's become about.

Actually, that's pretty funny, but unfortunately, I don't think many Christians would accept it without an explination.

Offline CarolM

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob, Forever with us
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
Glares at eviladam, but I did smile too.
I think you meant sacrilegious, unless that's another word spelt differently in the US. ;D
Not to mention the real sacrilege, you mean Cadburys, unless the first spelling was a joke.
I can take jokes about my God, having seen us humans I reckon He must have a sense of humour Himself ;D, but to spell Cadbury's incorrectly. :o
Carol

Bob: in our hearts forever.

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2007, 02:50:32 AM »
I think you meant sacrilegious, unless that's another word spelt differently in the US. ;D
Not to mention the real sacrilege, you mean Cadburys, unless the first spelling was a joke.
I can take jokes about my God, having seen us humans I reckon He must have a sense of humour Himself ;D, but to spell Cadbury's incorrectly. :o

God has a sense of humor...a prime example being the platypus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

Offline Tech L. Me

• Conversationalist
  • Medicated and Motivated!
    • View Profile
    • [Insert Properly Pithy/Thoughtful Title Here]
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2007, 04:48:51 AM »
I had a custom t-shirt made for myself and my brother as a Christmas present, they turned out rather well if I do say so myself. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a picture of myself in it, but I don't so I can't :(

front:
If You Need A Cop...Call 9-11
If You Need A Miracle Call...

back:
Harry Dresden – Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or
Other Entertainment.
If a doctor writes a prescription in the forest and there is no one around to read it, is it still illegible?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2007, 06:31:28 AM »

Ha. You have a weird sense of priorities.

Too many good shirt ideas, too little money.

Offline PiraticalThought

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
I had a custom t-shirt made for myself and my brother as a Christmas present, they turned out rather well if I do say so myself. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a picture of myself in it, but I don't so I can't :(

front:
If You Need A Cop...Call 9-11
If You Need A Miracle Call...

back:
Harry Dresden – Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or
Other Entertainment.

Now, see, that one I really like.

I think there ought to be a few different McAnally's designs, personally. It seems as though there are a lot of pubs out there that make a bunch of t-shirt designs, although at the moment the only one that springs to mind is Primanti Bros. (Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood, too, but I digress.)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2007, 03:36:24 AM »
I wore my Splatter Con!!! shirt to work today... one of the guys I work with said, "Where is THAT held?  Can I go this year, too?"
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2007, 03:54:28 AM »
I wore my Splatter Con!!! shirt to work today... one of the guys I work with said, "Where is THAT held?  Can I go this year, too?"

*laughs* That's awesome!  Mwaha, Jim, Fred, and I have created a monster.  Mostly Jim. :D

Any chance you'll post a picture of yourself showing off your new J-B.com gear?

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2007, 04:02:16 AM »
*laughs* That's awesome!  Mwaha, Jim, Fred, and I have created a monster.  Mostly Jim. :D

Any chance you'll post a picture of yourself showing off your new J-B.com gear?

Yes.  I intend on getting pictures at comic con.  Before july?  Maybe not :P

Shaun's response to my friend's question?  "Tickets are $8, good forever, and the con is open whenever you'd like to visit."
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie