The Dresden Files > DF Books

Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!

<< < (162/162)

Jetspawn:
I'm buying the MacAnally's Pub shirt. and the yadda shirt. and The building was on fire....k you guys can just clothe me for the next year.

KipIngram:
Ah, so many of those are good.  I'm down for a SplatterCon shirt for sure.  And the Pizza Lord one - yeah.

Ok, I can't see the previous entries anymore - did anyone suggest "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"

wardenferry419:
I like that one.

KipIngram:

--- Quote from: Priscellie on November 09, 2014, 09:15:09 PM ---If you're looking to compensate Jim or his agent, I suggest you make a donation to Jim's favorite charity, Missouri Pit Bull Rescue.

--- End quote ---

Jim's my favorite author ever, so I really want to behave in a way he's content with.  My feeling about things like this is that there's a difference between "cases that involve profit" and cases that don't.  My wife and I got invited to a costume party a few years ago, and I went as Dresden.  Put a good bit of effort into procuring and making the props (I thought my staff turned out particularly well).  I even thought about (but didn't have time) boring out the top of the staff and putting a red light in there so I could make the runes glow.

Anyway, it didn't occur to me that I might have been stepping on any sort of toes - I didn't make any money in the situation and I figured it was a form of free advertising for the series.  Is that how you guys would look at that as well?

Oh, funny story around that.  A day or two after the party it was Halloween itself - I wore the costume for handing out candy to the kids.  At one point I'd stepped out into the front yard, and was standing in the grass near the sidewalk with the staff planted in the ground and my head bowed down a little.  The costume was modeled after the cover shots, so included a hat.  The brim hid my face to some extent.

At one point while I was standing there a kid comes down the sidewalk and turns up our walkway.  As he passed me, I raised my head and turned toward him.  Poor kid nearly jumped out of his skin.  As he recovered, he said "DUDE - I thought you were a decoration."

Pretty hilarious and one of my "fun times" memories.  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version