The Dresden Files > DF Books

Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!

<< < (161/162) > >>

Tami Seven:

--- Quote from: noquiexis on August 26, 2015, 07:59:05 PM ---AndiSue,

The only thing wrong with the shirt in that link (and some others that I have seen) is that only current fans of The Dresden Files would have any idea what it represents. To me, it looks like some low-resolution video game.

Everyone,

If fans want to make merchandise based on Jims' intellectual property, it would be much better to get Jim's permission beforehand. As a very minimum they should put something on the design to give Jim credit and advertise his books. Text does not cost that much, and many vendors provide it free with their products. The donations that Priscellie and I mentioned would also help.

For the most part, the book covers are Chris McGrath's work. Why there are not more of these in the Café Press Dresden shop is a mystery to me. The Café Press Jim Butcher.Com Store could use some new material, too.

8) :) 8)
--- End quote ---

So, everything at Cafe Press/Jim Butcher Store is legit merchandise made with Jim's approval?

Priscellie:
CafePress is a site that lets anyone upload anything--it's not a Jim-only site.  The CafePress Dresden shop linked above is fair game, though.  It's run by cover artist Chris McGrath, on a licensing deal with Jim.  (Which surprises me, actually. I thought it was just a temporary arrangement.  Glad they worked out something more permanent. :D)

General rule of thumb: if it's linked from the official store, it's Jim-approved! 

Priscellie:
Grimm is holding his hat in his hand. It's semi-obscured by the text. :D

Akrasiel:
How about a "Property of Executive Priority Health" gym shirt, maybe a tank or a light tee?

I'd love to buy more official Dresden shirts and such, but as a person of size and length I find 3xl to be tough to maintain as a t-shirt size. I know it's usually a more costly hassle (which is why most don't do it) but maybe expanded sizing would be a benefit. I've bought a few of the freelance Dresden themed shirts on teespring but only because they can get the size I need... At least now I won't have to feel guilty about it. I just wanna rep the brand @.@

Resa:

--- Quote from: Doom on March 29, 2007, 09:13:20 PM ---Does it have to be a quote?  Or would you be open to suggestions such as:

(front) The first rule of fairy maid service is you do not talk about fairy maid service.

(back) The Dresden Files.  Good clean fun.

--- End quote ---

LOVE THIS! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version