Author Topic: Help with Scobby Doo aspects  (Read 2655 times)

Offline LepRecon

• Participant
    • View Profile
Help with Scobby Doo aspects
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:50 AM »
Hi all

Ran a few Con games last weekend and they went down very well.  Was thinking of running another set soon and thought Scooby Doo in Dresden files. Ok so lots of the rules set may not be used but the one thing I was thinking was Aspects.  So fellow players can you suggest aspects/high concepts/troubles I might use for the Scobby Gang, havent had much time to think of it so looking for help.

Scooby Doo:
I'd do it for a Scooby snack

Shaggy
Fred
Velma
Daphne

Anyway will see how this goes.

LepRecon

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Scobby Doo aspects
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »
Ok.. I can honestly say this is one of the weirdest ideas I've seen. (only thing that beats it is one of my groups wanting to do the machinima Red vs. Blue in DFRPG).
However, if you want to do this, it's your choice. Maybee you should use some of the catchphrases, like "jinkies" "zoinks" "ruh roh". Try expressing Fred's traps somehow too.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
The best write up I've ever seen for them was a old World of Darkness one.  With that one Daphne was evil and wanted to lure the others to their deaths (hence "Oh no, I'm trapped! Come into this dangerous place and save me" motif she has going on).

Richard

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »
I think they would all qualify for the aspect 'amature sleuth'  and 'meddling kid'  and 'more by luck than skill'

I would give Scooby the 'not so heroic lead' and 'easily lead' and 'my best friend shaggy' aspects with the trouble 'trouble finds me' 
I would give Scrappy the 'my best friend scooby', 'constantly hungry' and ''ll just wait here' aspect
Fred would have 'good nautured idiot' 'skilled stater of the obvious' and 'if I only had a brain'
Velma would have 'as clever as she looks' , 'abadunce of random incite' 'overabundundant sense of curiosity' would be her trouble aspect.
Daphne 'just a pretty face', and i can't think of anything else her trouble would be 'damsel in distress'   

"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain

Offline LepRecon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »
Cool some good ideas.  And as forrandom ideas you need to come to my RPG club this is very very tame! Lol

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 02:18:12 PM »
A couple of aspects for Scooby:
Ruh-Uh
Relp! Raggy!
Scooby Snacks
A love of food
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »
Scrappy is a tool of evil
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline LepRecon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
Scrappy Doo is more than evil!!!

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Every member of the gang has the Trouble Aspect: Weirdness Magnet and the Rising Conflict Aspect: Ghost-Busting Amateur Crime-Fighters.

Scooby's High Concept is Hungry Hungry Talking Dog. He also has Doing It For The Scooby Snacks, Heterosexual Life Partner (Shaggy), Ambiguously Stoned, and Lucky Coward.

Shaggy is functionally identical to Scooby; same Aspects with minor variance. His differences will be in his Skills and Stunts.

Fred's High Concept is Fearless Leader. He also has Doing It For The Team, Sports Hero, I Dream of Daphne, and "Okay gang, here's the plan!".

Daphne's High Concept is Beautiful Rich Girl. She also has Doing It For The Hell Of It, Kung Fu Chaos, Brains or Brawn? (Velma or Fred), and Sadomasochist.

Velma's High Concept is Brilliant Amateur Sleuth. She has Doing It For The Thrill, "Jinkies!", I Dream of Daphne, and Knowledge Is My Power.

Scrappy's High Concept is Satan's Lapdog. He has Fiendishly Clever, The Courage Of The Soulless, All Things Must Die, and Devil's Advocate.

This would be the best game ever.

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »
Burn Scrappy burn!!!!!
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline Seb Wiers

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 03:23:05 AM »
Scooby IMO needs an aspect that is the onomonopia of the noise he made when he'd try to run and his legs just moved in space because his feet slip on the floor.  I spell it "Boogaly boogaly boogaly boo".  It could be compelled to prevent him escaping, but he could also maybe tap it to really make tracks when he does try get away, leading to a wild chase where he goes into a door on one side of a hallway, and emerges from a door on the other.

Other than that, I can't fault Viatos' choices, though I'd like to see a more obvious "Always Hungry" on Scooby / Shaggy.  They simply can't pass up a kitchen.  Or a loaded dinner table.  Or a decripit snack machine crawling with spiders, for that matter.

Offline Tenebrus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 03:35:57 AM »
I played a rocking Call of Cthulhu game where we were all Dukes of Hazzard characters.

Live it up.

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 04:00:01 AM »
Give all of the kids the aspect "I'm a meddlesome kid".  Not only can this be compelled to get them into the adventure to begin with, but can alse be compelled to get them into further trouble midstory AND can be invoked to come up with ways to make the villain's plots inexplicably prove flawed!

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 04:55:24 AM »
Scooby IMO needs an aspect that is the onomonopia of the noise he made when he'd try to run and his legs just moved in space because his feet slip on the floor.  I spell it "Boogaly boogaly boogaly boo".  It could be compelled to prevent him escaping, but he could also maybe tap it to really make tracks when he does try get away, leading to a wild chase where he goes into a door on one side of a hallway, and emerges from a door on the other.

Other than that, I can't fault Viatos' choices, though I'd like to see a more obvious "Always Hungry" on Scooby / Shaggy.  They simply can't pass up a kitchen.  Or a loaded dinner table.  Or a decripit snack machine crawling with spiders, for that matter.

That's why both their High Concepts have a Hungry Hungry attached - when you compel their appetites, that's the core of their existence you're calling on. When food isn't in sight, the PROMISE of it can compel their background philosophy of Doing It For The Scooby Snacks.

Offline Seb Wiers

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:17:17 AM »
LOL- fair enough, I forgot that the high concept is an aspect like the others (only more so).