Author Topic: red court question  (Read 1754 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
red court question
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:52 AM »
The basic Red Court statblock in 'What Goes Bump' includes Echoes of the Beast (bat, I guess?) -- but the specific RCV statblocks in 'Who's Who' (Bianca St. Claire, Ortega etc.) don't have it.

So should RCVs have it or not? I don't really see the need personally -- they're not as bat-like as werewolves, say, are wolf-like. (But I wouldn't have given it to Goblins either, so maybe I don't really 'get' the idea behind who gets it...)

Offline arete

• Conversationalist
  • Kitchen GM
    • View Profile
Re: red court question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:16:32 AM »
Named characters are different than mooks.  I would adjust the npcs are you see fit.  They orginal work ups are really under powered
Posting from a cell phone excuss my typoes

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:26:10 AM »
I could see the trappings of echoes of the beast applying to a RCV, but it's your game, do what you feel seems best.

Offline Tallyrand

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »
It's worth remembering that game companies are fallable and it's very likely that one or the other source simply wasn't correct for the final draft.  As always, do what seems right for your game, for my money though yes, Echoes seems very appropriate for RCV.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:59:18 AM »
It's worth remembering that game companies are fallable and it's very likely that one or the other source simply wasn't correct for the final draft.  As always, do what seems right for your game, for my money though yes, Echoes seems very appropriate for RCV.

I agree with this.

That said, in your game, your vamps may be different enough to warrant one or more not having it.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:48 AM »
Personally, I read it as "mooks" are more bestial and major NPCs are much more "civilized" and farther away from their bestial side.
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »
Personally, I read it as "mooks" are more bestial and major NPCs are much more "civilized" and farther away from their bestial side.

That's a good way of putting it.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline siggelsworth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
Along the same lines, I think it's safe to say that the major NPCs are going to be benefitting more through the greater variety and strength of skills than the mooks (Survival, Alertness, Investigation, Lore, etc.)

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:40 AM »
Death to the Red Court!!!!!
Bad typists untie!!!!