Author Topic: Items of Power  (Read 1760 times)

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Items of Power
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:45:14 AM »
Ok so I've been seeing alot of different IoPs out there and I want to document and eventually make a Master List of IoPs so I hope everyone will feel free to add their IoPs or maybe request some for me to cook up in my spare time. I'll start putting up some of my own creations immediately.
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Items of Power
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:40 AM »
There are one or two threads already with this purpose, you might want to go find one of them and revive it.

Here's one of them: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,17490.0.html
And another: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23053.0.html
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:53:22 AM by sinker »

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
Maeve's Locket +1
   granting
 Unseelie Magic -4*
 World Walker -2
Total Cost -5*

Notes: I made this for a friend that wanted a were-(polar)bear emissary to Maeve and wanted an IoP to go along with his deal

Hunter's Spear +2
   granting
 inhuman speed -2
 The Magic of The Hunt -4*
Total Cost -4*

Notes: This is an IoP from the Elrking and as for MoTH it's a form of sposered magic equal to the likes of Seelie or Unseelie magic but dealing with anything that has to do with predetors or thing in line with the Hunt
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:25 AM »
We're also trying to store and organize everything, including IoPs, over at the DFRPG Resource Wiki (link's in my signature), so if the stuff on this list could make there way over there, that'd be great.
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:27 AM »
sure you're more than welcome to use whatever you want

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »
Item Concept:

Seven League Boots

A pair of ancient and battered leather horseman’s boots, worn butter-soft.  Tooled leather is readily apparent on the leg, sides and cuff.  It was obviously an expensive pair of boots, and well loved and lived. 

The Seven League Boots are a well known piece of European lore, about a pair of boots that enable the wearer to take strides of seven leagues—or 21 miles.  The origin of the legend is thought to have come from horse-couriers, whose feet only touched the ground when they swapped out their tired horse for a fresh one. 

One Time Discount [+1]

It Is What It Is.  The boots are just that: a nice pair of old-style horseman’s boots, possibly belonging to a noble cavalry officer or courier. They are soft, snug and oh-so-comfortable.

Unbreakable: The boots are indestructible save through a dedicated magical ritual that would pervert their purpose—probably something along the lines of binding or imprisoning. 

Imparted Abilities.  There are two different versions of the Seven League Boots abilities: Speed and WorldWalking.  A combination of the two is also distinctly possible.

Version One: Speed
Mythic Speed [-6]
The Boots grant Speed such as is only known in myth—myths often featuring the boots themselves. 
Total Refresh Cost -5

Version Two: World-Walking
Swift-Transition [-2]
World-Walker [-2]
This version of the boots is a tad more literal to the legend of 7 League strides, as short hops through the Nevernever are easy to accomplish, and crossing the globe in a short walk is also simple. 
Total Refresh Cost -3
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki