Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 133861 times)

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
I read that as a pretty straightforward comment calling Dresden out for throwing stones from his glass front porch.
 He doesn't need to be a scion of something from the nevernever to be less than human.
A lifespan of a couple centuries and the ability to harness the forces of creation and destruction with your mind makes you pretty darn inhuman.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II Spoiler for changes
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2011, 04:47:18 AM »
Did harry inherit anything from granddad, due to his use of the Black Staff? Could that be the non humanness of him, the dark harry. A semi regular coversation of himself is not normal.

I cant remember where, but i heard harry had to go back because three females or women he loved were in danger, in changes. So the top four women in harrys life:elaine, murphy, maggie, molly. why did harry not ask for elaine help.
Elaine is in danger if WC wardens find out who she is and her power.
Molly is in danger due to Doom of damocles and her father is no longer a knight.
Maggie is in trouble because of sheer genetics, dresdens always get the short end of the stick.
Murphy is in trouble due to fighting the supernatural and having no mojo to act as back up. also last to seen harry.

Harry shield should have stopped the bullet, i mean he heard Kincaid say the nest way to kill a wizard is sniper, and due to that mission had to build a better shield, so he would have made sure he was safe from the merc who scared him. For evil to cheat they had to make sure harry died, so did they make hisshield fail.
k moinuddin

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
His shield only works when he is actively using his will and magic to power it. The shield didn't fail, it just wasn't on.

Offline unfilthy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »
Why didn't Odin/Monoc Security, as signatories of the accords, step in on behalf of their client Marcone, instead of having Gard recruit the White Council through Harry?

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II Spoiler for changes
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
Did harry inherit anything from granddad, due to his use of the Black Staff? Could that be the non humanness of him, the dark harry. A semi regular coversation of himself is not normal.
I doubt it, but think of HWWB, DuMorne, Elaine's "death"- there are plenty of reasons to have issues for Harry  ;)

I cant remember where, but i heard harry had to go back because three females or women he loved were in danger, in changes.
Actually the opening chapter to Ghost Story says "three people he loves" (probably the platonic sense), and doesn't specify gender.

Offline The Fish

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »
Why didn't Odin/Monoc Security, as signatories of the accords, step in on behalf of their client Marcone, instead of having Gard recruit the White Council through Harry?
I got the impression that odin was kinda trying to stay out of things because he was a god, something about a balance of power.
Are you my mummy? - Dr. Who, The Empty Child

"You May Not Get killed"- City motto of Ank-Morpork

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
It is one of the first laws of fantasy and role playing games:

That insanely powerfull being in the background will not even clean up his own mess let alone someone elses. You have to do that. Only helped by some obscure advise that makes sense after everything is over and maybe if you are very lucky he gives you a magic sword or something like that.

Odin can not help you more because that would be too easy. You can not prove your true heroism that way. On the bright side if you fail with enough drama you can party with him forever until the apocalypse/Ragnarok. You see it is a win win situation.

Oh there wil always be some talk about Balance, Fate, Free will and so on and that he already has given you all you needed (more help will lead to the too easy argument) but the real reason? probably he is busy. Preparing for the BAT.

Not so nice for all those heros who were just recently recruited. Only a few years to party before the real work starts.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Powderkegger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
I'm surprised there's nothing about Thomas. For one thing, what is his involvement in The Oblivion War not to mention what exactly does the OW entail and how far does it reach? Personally, I wonder if his birthday might have a similar significance to Harry's. Maggie Sr sure knew how to hit a target.

Offline various

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:55 PM »
I have a couple of questions because I am not sure if they have been addressed,

1. I have two candidates to wield Amoracchius. The first would be Thomas if harry finds a way to control the demon inside of thomas like lea can, also the second and this may not be for several more years but little harry carpenter. 

2. Also I am curious if in grave peril anything that kravos did to little harry will have any lasting effect on him such as mental manipulation when he gets older or something else

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
  • Loneliness or solitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
I have a couple of questions because I am not sure if they have been addressed,

1. I have two candidates to wield Amoracchius. The first would be Thomas if harry finds a way to control the demon inside of thomas like lea can, also the second and this may not be for several more years but little harry carpenter. 

2. Also I am curious if in grave peril anything that kravos did to little harry will have any lasting effect on him such as mental manipulation when he gets older or something else

We have WoJ that nobody is going to wield Amoracchius until the BAT.  I don't have an answer on 2, but I'm going guess not.
Everyone on this earth wants to feel like they matter.

Offline various

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
So it is still possible for little harry to wield it because he is roughly I think 11  now and he would be considered a adult by the time for BAT, Sorry I just have a weird feeling that there is more to this kid since he was named after harry and that out of all of the carpenter children none have yet to show interest in taking up the good fight

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
So it is still possible for little harry to wield it because he is roughly I think 11  now and he would be considered a adult by the time for BAT, Sorry I just have a weird feeling that there is more to this kid since he was named after harry and that out of all of the carpenter children none have yet to show interest in taking up the good fight
Define "the good fight."  The argument that Molly used to convince Charity that going with Harry to meet with the White Council was the right thing was, "you know there are bad things out there, and I can help fight them. I want to help."  To which Charity's response was something along the lines of, "of course you do, you're your father's daughter."  At which point she gave her blessing (not that she would have been able to stop the council from putting Molly on trial, but it made it better for Molly with the Council - as well as for their future mother/daughter relationship - that Charity allowed her to go voluntarily).

Offline various

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
by good fight I meant basically taking on evil and helping people. My reason for suggesting harry is because he is a minor character who has been involved in a couple big events but other then those events we hear nothing from him and he is the only character to truly grow up during the course of the books (I don't count hope because she was born prior to storm front).  So I feel little harry will play a large roll in the future of the series

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
by good fight I meant basically taking on evil and helping people. My reason for suggesting harry is because he is a minor character who has been involved in a couple big events but other then those events we hear nothing from him and he is the only character to truly grow up during the course of the books (I don't count hope because she was born prior to storm front).  So I feel little harry will play a large roll in the future of the series
Harry and Molly do that on a regular basis.

Offline various

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Harry and Molly do that on a regular basis.

yes, but I am talking about little harry carpenter (molly's youngest brother) around the time of BAT I could see him taking up the mantle of a knight of the cross in his fathers place. If not I still see him having a big role later in the series.