Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 133852 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2011, 05:10:18 AM »
I don't really remember what the working theory on that one was.  Actually, this entire list has gotten really unwieldy- one of the things on my woefully long to-do list is to revamp this thread, which is going to take at least two days of work, if I put in all the cool organizational stuff I've been wanting to add.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
the working theory on the car and car bombs was Mavra

she knows explosives, and can use them- see BR

the car windshield was darkened

according to dracula, she can operate during the day, just without any of her magical powers

(hence the mundane attacks)

this was the general theory before CHanges, it is debated as to wether it's the same assasin or not
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline test

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
I've been re-reading Dead Beat and got to the scene where Kumori brings one of Marcone's people back to life, when i remembered the Ghost Story spoiler that the other side cheated.. i think resurrecting a killer so he can attempt to kill harry later would be considered cheating not to mention most of those attempts on harrys life where not made until after Dead Beat. The guys name is never mentioned but you never know could be him, his life/soul belonging to Cowl and Kumori now ? or maybe not   :-\
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:33:59 PM by test »

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »
Oh, wow. Kumori never even crossed my mind. Good job for your first post, sir and/or ma'am.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2011, 03:01:48 AM »
Speaking of Kumori, I, and many others, have noted her absence from the events of White Knight, even though Cowl was present.

However, upon reflection maybe she was there the whole time *cough*
(click to show/hide)
*cough*
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline halfLotus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2011, 02:02:14 AM »
Hey y'all,

I've spent about two weeks scouring this forum for every lucid theory I could find (re: ignoring Ms. Duck ;-) jk) and I can't seem to find any good evidence for this: "-Why was Maggie Sr. going to Hell, and how did she escape?*"

Now I reread the entire series over the last 4 days so I admit it could just be escaping me, but I can't find any real evidence about this.

Cheers.

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2011, 02:25:25 AM »
it comes from this quote from Fool moon
“Indeed,” Chauncy agreed. “Your mother was a most direct and willful woman. Her loss was a great sadness to all of us.”

I blinked, startled, and the pencil fell from my fingers. I stared at the demon for a moment. “You… you knew my mother? You knew Margaret Gwendolyn Dresden?”

Chauncy regarded me without expression or emotion. “Many in the underworld were… familiar with her, Harry Blackstone Dresden, though under a different name. Her coming was awaited with great anticipation, but the Dark Prince lost her, in the end.”
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2011, 04:14:08 AM »
Speaking of Kumori, I, and many others, have noted her absence from the events of White Knight, even though Cowl was present.

However, upon reflection maybe she was there the whole time *cough*
(click to show/hide)
*cough*

thing is, cowl acted much differnetly than in his first appearance- to the point wher i wonder if he hates harry now because kumori didnt make it
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2011, 04:28:26 AM »
thing is, cowl acted much differnetly than in his first appearance- to the point wher i wonder if he hates harry now because kumori didnt make it
I just figured he was kinda hacked off that his ascension ritual got messed up, plus a hefty bruise on the chin.

Cowl was also noted as "moving stiffly", so it could be that Harry permanently invalidated him.
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2011, 02:57:15 AM »
I just figured he was kinda hacked off that his ascension ritual got messed up, plus a hefty bruise on the chin.

Cowl was also noted as "moving stiffly", so it could be that Harry permanently invalidated him.

Or maybe Cowl's superiors didn't take well to the fact that Dresden managed to outmaneouver him. Cowl managed to survive several death curses before he attempted the Darkhallow, at least according to himself, so the backlash of energy wasn't outside his ability to handle. (That might depend on the potency of the death curse and the manner in which it was administered, but given that Harry has almost never managed to hurt Cowl in any significant way, it seems very likely that Dresden only indirectly managed to hurt him.)
In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »
I just see one of the running themes being empotional relationships between master and apprentice;

Justin -> Harry
Eb -> Harry
Annastasia -> Morgan
Eb -> Maggie
Harry -> Molly

so I would not be surprised if there is a Cowl -> Kumori angst there

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 12, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »
What about

Mab -> Ms. Duck
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:27 AM »
I wish

my love life would be a lot less boring...

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »
THe thing is at the end of changes, he was exceptionally dangerous. HE had no home, no office, no possesions, and forced to give up his daughter. He belonged to the winter queen so forced to stay away from his life, so all he was left with was his power and his enemies he has nothing to loose in attacking.
Powered by:WInter knight mantle, soulfire, and a map of the ways. HE could travel the world quickly and easily, he had the power and might of winter, and the control of soulfire, nothing binding him but the winter Q direct orders, and the winter queen would love for dresden to go on a killing spree.
 MAvra know he has the knowledge of necromancy against the BCV, but he now has the power and control to take her and her kind down hard.
 NIcodemimus while sees harry as a potential assest has fear of him, he knows how to harm him, has defeated a shadow of a denarian while keeping his magic, and he wields soulfire.
 COwl or circle may have had enough of harry interfering.
 MArcone is not likly as so long as the circle and other bad guys was out there, dresden would not remove the man keeping them at bay.
KIncaid specificly told harry that this was the way to kill wizards, and his family have been long time enemies of ebenezor.
k moinuddin

Offline Anthony

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 30, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
One question that I have not seen is this: Is harry completely human?

We know Kincaid is not completely human and he said (to Harry) that he was : "just as human as he is".

At that time it was suggested that Kincaid was 100% Human (just as Harry). But if we look at it differently it would mean that they are both part non-human. If Kincaid was not lying, that would mean that Harry is part non-human. And if so, part what? Sidhe seems the best bet...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:06:49 AM by Anthony »
Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me and my life is done.