Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 134403 times)

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
I see that the question of who hit Harry's car is starred. Who do we have doing it and what clues led us there? Just wondering because it's been bothering me for a while.
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline The Fish

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
Yes i was wondering the same thing. I didn't think we had any information on that.
Are you my mummy? - Dr. Who, The Empty Child

"You May Not Get killed"- City motto of Ank-Morpork

Offline AlbinoRaven

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
I see that the question of who hit Harry's car is starred. Who do we have doing it and what clues led us there? Just wondering because it's been bothering me for a while.
Problem is we weren't really given any clues... though the car is reminiscent of the car that Quintus Cassius was driving, obviously he's not longer alive...

Raven  8)

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
Problem is we weren't really given any clues... though the car is reminiscent of the car that Quintus Cassius was driving, obviously he's not longer alive...

Raven  8)

Then why is it starred?
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline kimluvs2read

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
This may have already been answered but I didn't have time to read the whole thread, is there a Mysteries Solved page? I am sure at least a few have been solved. Thanks
very respectfully,
Kim :)

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
  • Loneliness or solitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
I think the speculation is that it was Madrigal Raith (and also Madrigal who planted the bomb in Murphny's car).
Everyone on this earth wants to feel like they matter.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
My specualtion si that the same person did all four attempts

car

car bomb

hired gun

rifle shot

Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline AlbinoRaven

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
Then why is it starred?
because we don't have an answer and its fun to speculate...

Raven  8)

Offline The Fish

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »
I think it was mentioned in white knight though that it was definetly madrigal who planted the car bomb

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2011, 02:06:34 AM »
because we don't have an answer and its fun to speculate...

Raven  8)

Nope, the stars meant we had some kind of working theory on it. But anyway, no one seems to have an answer for me. Madrigal doesnt make real sense for me because it happens before Madrigal even comes on to the scene in proven guilty and Thomas mentions it at the end of that book as a loose end. I feel like if it was Madrigal it would have come up somewhere in that book

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »
I put down a fairly serious theory a while back that it was mavra, based on the old sherlock holmes 'eliminate the impossible' idea.

it would not have been a wizard who could plant a car bomb, for example. :)

the other point on the idea was 'of the suspects, who could be a major threat in ghost story' and again, Mavra.

this is probably why it is starred.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
  • Loneliness or solitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Nope, the stars meant we had some kind of working theory on it. But anyway, no one seems to have an answer for me. Madrigal doesnt make real sense for me because it happens before Madrigal even comes on to the scene in proven guilty and Thomas mentions it at the end of that book as a loose end. I feel like if it was Madrigal it would have come up somewhere in that book
This could mean Thomas knows who did it but is somehow prohibited from telling Harry, so he tries to get Harry thinking about it so he can help him figure it out without breaking his word. He's played that game before.
Everyone on this earth wants to feel like they matter.

Offline The Fish

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2011, 11:44:01 PM »
Good point. he's played that game a few times, i think. he's good at it by now.

Also, mavra has possibly enough magical talent as a minor wizard, so the bomb would have gone off if she set it, as well. 'spose she could have had one of her cronies do it, though

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
Good point. he's played that game a few times, i think. he's good at it by now.

Also, mavra has possibly enough magical talent as a minor wizard, so the bomb would have gone off if she set it, as well. 'spose she could have had one of her cronies do it, though

It is only mortal magic that messes with tech, vamps can do all the like with technology and cast magic all day.
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2011, 02:19:00 AM »
This could mean Thomas knows who did it but is somehow prohibited from telling Harry, so he tries to get Harry thinking about it so he can help him figure it out without breaking his word. He's played that game before.

You know, i really didnt think about it that way. Ahh paranoia