Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 134366 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:49 AM »
as to the quote about Maggie, Lor Raith, the outsiders and the black court.

this may be a case of things Harry suspects that the reader does not know yet; we know by WOJ that there was some sort of alliance that took out the black court. We know:

Q:  When will we learn more about Maggie?
A:  It will be little bits at a time, like we’re learning now.  But eventually we will find out that what we’ve been told so far is only accurate from a certain point of view.  It will all have a different meaning once we’ve learned the whole story.

Power in the spirit world isn't the same thing as power in the material world.  And a one-on-thirtyish fight (Mab vs the elders of the BC) is WAY different than a one-on-20,000 fight (a BC vampire against a modest mortal city).  Especially when the 20,000 know what your weaknesses are, and how to kill you with them.   And that's assuming that you don't have a saint, or an independent wizard, or a shaman, a Knight of the Cross or some other champion, or other spiritual allies on your side which was not uncommon.  Hell, for that matter, you might well be aided by vampires from the other Courts.  *Everyone* resented how powerful the Blacks had become.

then there is that dinner eb talked about in changes...

so to add to your list: how powerfull was the black court, and what did it take to take them down,?
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2011, 04:20:21 AM »
Added "How powerful were the Black Court, and what are they doing now?" since we know that Stoker's Dracula pretty much decimated most of the Black Court.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2011, 05:03:06 AM »
as you wish..i read that woj tho as :

10,000 humans armed with top of the line modern (for then weapons), backed by knights, red court vampires, white court vampires, the sidhe, saints, and for allw e know dolphins for each elder :)

its important because:

the elders will allmost certainly return (if theya re not doing so allready)

if it took an alliance of everyone last time, it may explain why Mavra is causing wars between everyone now.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
I've noticed something in Dead Beat that wa interesting. When Cowl lifts his arms to touch the Darkhollow, his arms are described as "long, weathered arms covered in old scars." NOW, the only person I can recall having this "weathered" descriptions is Injun Joe. Infact, many times that Injun Joe is introduced in the story this word appears. Theory, Injun Joe being a healer finds an injured Elaine, heals her, then recruits her. Joe is very interested in aspects of life and death that could tie into a benevolent form of Necromancy. Does this theory hold water?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
Has any other character been described as "weathered"?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
THere is the additional fact that Elaine has learned a bit of healing magic. So, I think she learned it from Joe and she is Kumori.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
Quick Question- Drakul tends to come up a lot in speculation posts. Do we, as a community, think he's anything more than just a name drop? To clarify, outside of Kincaid's past, do we think Drakul is going to become relevant to the series?
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline BigDPizzle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
I think with the number of remaining books it's safe to assume that Harry is going up as against everyone. EVERYONE!

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2011, 02:01:33 AM »
there is  a list ( or several mini lists) of things that may not show up until the finaly trilogy:

to sum up, i believe:

Titania
Drakul
Ferrovax
what Lea and Maggie's relationship was
who will wield ammoricus
who the black council realy are

so yep, he's importnat..just enjoy the long wait.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
there is  a list ( or several mini lists) of things that may not show up until the finaly trilogy:

to sum up, i believe:

Titania
Drakul
Ferrovax
what Lea and Maggie's relationship was
who will wield ammoricus
who the black council realy are

so yep, he's importnat..just enjoy the long wait.

Don't forget Mac
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »
In Dead Beat, Harry has dream about father giving him a Snickers snack. In Summer Knight, Harry gave Injun Joe's little friend a HALF Snickers. Now Harry's dreams seem to be a way for Harry's unconscious to connect with his conscience mind. I'm using this as a leaping point for Injun Joe being Cowl.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
In Dead Beat, Harry has dream about father giving him a Snickers snack. In Summer Knight, Harry gave Injun Joe's little friend a HALF Snickers. Now Harry's dreams seem to be a way for Harry's unconscious to connect with his conscience mind. I'm using this as a leaping point for Injun Joe being Cowl.

Proof that Harry will need to fight a Jabberwock in one of the future books.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
proof that the outsiders come from beyond the milky way

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
You really Dove into that.  Don't Nestle in it too long.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:23:21 PM by knnn »
DV Geek code:

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
sadly,all this interplanatray puns use power,  my cell modem is about out of mars bars