Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 134423 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »
I think it was implied that his magic resistance was the reason Maggie Sr. couldn't run away or kill him using normal methods, and therefore resorted to using her death curse on him, thus crippling the Whampires.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2011, 02:48:17 AM »
I thought it was semi confirmed that LR made a deal with HHWB, and sinc eoutsider magic is imune to normal human magic..
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
Im fairly certain that HWWB made some deal with Lord Raith because of the fact that LR had a summoning ritual for HWWB and was using it in BR, and it was implied that the same curse was used on Maggie Sr. Also didn't Vitto have similar anti magic protection from the Outsiders (his cuffs I believe) that Ramirez had to use his Warden's sword to cut through?
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2011, 03:30:50 AM »
Hmm, I don't remember much about Vitto's cuffs.  Can Warden swords cut through Outsider magic resistance?

I'll add an asterisk to the original question, though.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2011, 06:05:33 AM »
it wasnt vitto, it was madrigal, and when cut they went boom nicely, so I assume no, they are not outsider work.

some folks have sugested that lara has the protection now ( it being in the red egm she took from her father, and now wears) but if so, why not use it when Eb was threatening her in TC?
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline pitchdarkman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »
Why does Harry ask...uh think at Lash about any relation about the outsiders and the black court in WN? any guesses or ws it just Black council and I got a dud copy.

I actually read it frm a e-book but the quote is..."After which, we were going to have a long talk about my mother and these Outsiders and their relation to the Black Court and exactly what the hell was going on."

see if u can find it and make anything of it

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
Lord Raith had that protection long before he meet Harry's mother. we do not know yet how he got it.

Do you have a citation for that ?  I was under the impression that was not established, and i am rather fond of the notion that maggie helped him get it.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
I think it was implied that his magic resistance was the reason Maggie Sr. couldn't run away or kill him using normal methods, and therefore resorted to using her death curse on him, thus crippling the Whampires.

I can equally well read that as her being smart enough to lay down her death curse in ways that hamper the White Court as a whole, rather than just killing Lord R and having someone else take over unhindered.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
I actually read it frm a e-book but the quote is..."After which, we were going to have a long talk about my mother and these Outsiders and their relation to the Black Court and exactly what the hell was going on."

That was the plan, then he got busy with the climax of the book, and by the time he got around to asking the question again lash was gone or pretending to be gone, so nothing came of it.

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

see if u can find it and make anything of it

White Night HC page 364 (US version). Your quotation is word for word, pitchdarkman.

I've always been 99% certain that that was a typo (because there aren't any of those in modern publishing anymore, of course!) and what was intended was "...these Outsiders and their relation to the Black Council..." which makes worlds more sense. Setting aside this quote, there's hardly a single mention of Black Court Vamps in that whole book, but Cowl and the theorized Black Council/Circle are a major thread.

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 12:31:47 AM »
I agree with LML on that one, but has anybody asked JB about it?  Also, how much evidence is there that Maggie Sr. was linked to either the Black Council or the Outsiders?  I'm not sure how to phrase another question about that.
-the DM

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 04:00:33 AM »
I agree with LML on that one, but has anybody asked JB about it?  Also, how much evidence is there that Maggie Sr. was linked to either the Black Council or the Outsiders?  I'm not sure how to phrase another question about that.

We have solid evidence linking Maggie to Lord Raith, Eb's word in BR linking her to Justin, and Nicodemus claiming to have known her.  There is, of course, no Black Council, but that's a pretty dark-grey-looking cabal.  Justin and Lord R both have direct Outsider links.  I think that's it for solid textev.

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »
We have solid evidence linking Maggie to Lord Raith, Eb's word in BR linking her to Justin, and Nicodemus claiming to have known her.  There is, of course, no Black Council, but that's a pretty dark-grey-looking cabal.  Justin and Lord R both have direct Outsider links.  I think that's it for solid textev.

In deference to your nonbelief in the Black Council, I think all references to them can be pretty much replaced with "vague, probably antagonistic group of characters that may or may not be connected to one another". 

Which question should I add, "How was Maggie Sr. connected with Outsiders", or "Was Maggie Sr. connected with Outsiders"?  There's also the implications of Harry's planned birth to consider, which makes it a fairly strong connection in my mind.
-the DM

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
Is there any significance to Thomas being born on Valentine's day? (hey its his birthday tomorrow ;D)
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 11:27:09 PM »
I'm guess the significance is on a par with Harry being born on Halloween.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?