Author Topic: The wizard challenge!  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The wizard challenge!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »
My motto is if it's cool and it's from the books you can try it...

But it has to be in a book, not sort of something that you can kind of remember that lets you destroy everything in your path.

As for the scene in White Night, it fits within the magic system.  The guy who put it together checked every published instant of magic (up to the end of Small Favors) and proved that his system could handle them all.  (I read that in a blog post.)

Richard

And how is a giant scorpion construct made... more to the point, if I wanted my wizard to make a.Victor Sells scorpion amulet that animates into a giant elevator-eating scorpion construct, how do I stat the ritual to make such a thing? Because from what I can.determine, there arena really any guidelines in the book for something like that.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The wizard challenge!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
My guess?

That would be a conjuration item of some sort.

Say 3-4 steps for the body, plus a step or two to summon a near mindless thing to inhabit the body.  You wouldn't need to use magic control it (only enemies trigger it) and it only lasts a relatively short time.  If  the total was 6 steps or lower he could have had it as an enchanted item.

But I'm not the guy who wrote the magic system - I think you can contact him through Evil Hat.

Richard