Author Topic: My (submerged) character concept  (Read 3510 times)

Offline tymire

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: My (submerged) character concept
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
Also remember that for Item of Power to give +2 the item has to be noticeable and fairly large.  Not too sure how many fishooks count as both  ;D.

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »
Also remember that for Item of Power to give +2 the item has to be noticeable and fairly large.  Not too sure how many fishooks count as both  ;D.

I can't resist.   ;D
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »

I'm imagining something a little bigger than the hook on Lobo's forearm?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Lobo
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
I'm imagining something a little bigger than the hook on Lobo's forearm?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Lobo

Not quite but closer.

It'll be a pendant made out of koa wood or bone that is at least 6 inches in diameter.

I also figured that since Ethan loses /all/ of his magical abilities imparted by Pele if he does not posess the fishhook that a +2 refresh bonus is appropriate.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:11 AM »
Something to consider is that in the same way that a high refresh refund on the catch signifies to your GM that you're ok with it being discovered and used, a high refresh refund on the item of power (with that caveat) would signify that you're willing to lose it on occasion.

I finally looked over the second character and I realized that cloak of shadows and breath weapon could be handled (minus the darkvision) by evocation if you wanted a little more flexibility, though I know the character is for someone new to the system so it does make some sense if you wanted to leave it.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »
Something to consider is that in the same way that a high refresh refund on the catch signifies to your GM that you're ok with it being discovered and used, a high refresh refund on the item of power (with that caveat) would signify that you're willing to lose it on occasion.

I am pretty much counting on it.

If the campaign lasts a long time and everyone's refresh was going up, perhaps my group could go on a quest to help my character "finalize" his power and iron over such a nasty vulnerability.

[/quote]I finally looked over the second character and I realized that cloak of shadows and breath weapon could be handled (minus the darkvision) by evocation if you wanted a little more flexibility, though I know the character is for someone new to the system so it does make some sense if you wanted to leave it.
[/quote]

You read my mind. :)
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.