Author Topic: How do i build constructs?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: How do i build constructs?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
I'm fine with some amount of player/GM collaboration on world creation and balancing some things against others, but these sections could still use a WEE bit more example/explication/guidance.

Agreed

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
Agreed a thousand times over. With any luck, the Unified Magical Construction Theory thread will produce something less handwavey soon.

PS: One thing I like about this forum is that the posters respect the company that made the game and are reluctant to criticize it. That's actually pretty unusual.

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
Agreed a thousand times over. With any luck, the Unified Magical Construction Theory thread will produce something less handwavey soon.

PS: One thing I like about this forum is that the posters respect the company that made the game and are reluctant to criticize it. That's actually pretty unusual.

I'm not reluctant to criticize them. I mean, it seems that there is a complete lack of any official presence or response to all these questions I see spring up here and elsewhere.

We see errata and faq come up all the time from other games... and yet, nothing for DFRPG. I keep on watching this and other boards, waiting for a word, a comment, SOMETHING to show that they are paying attention, working on it, not just leaving the game orphaned after publication, but so far, nothing, and frankly, it's beginning to disappoint me.

After all, when we see a thread working on a unified rules set on magical creation because the rules set leaves it so vague, there's a problem.

I think there are a few questions and issues that keep on cropping up over and over. For instance, the lack of guidelines, intentional or not, on construct creation, is just shy of frustrating and infuriating, and frankly, felt like a cop-out to me.

I'm not saying I dislike the game: on the contrary. But there are gaping holes that the Powers That Be seem uninterested in addressing or filling, and my disgruntlement over that is growing.