Author Topic: Any WriMo's out there?  (Read 17929 times)

Offline Tersa

• Participant
  • J'aime le beau vampire <3
    • View Profile
Re: Any WriMo's out there?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
I'm participating this year and I can't wait!  ;D  Like blue moon I'm plotting out the outline of my story, and it's driving me nuts that I can't write on it until November 1st.  I've decided to try to convince my friends to come along for the ride to distract myself from the fact I can't start writing , and so far I have one that will and one that is considering it.  :) 

Is there going to be anything special set up in the Author Craft board for NaNoWriMo participants, out of curiousity? 
My avatar hosted by the folks at www.flickr.com.  This link is included so their TOS guys don't hunt me down. O_O

Though the French under my avi is probably incorrect, please don't hurt me...

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 12:45:55 AM »
Well, you guys can post stuff if you want to...is there anything that would actually help besides posting? (I'm not a participant, I don't know these things.)
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline Tersa

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 01:34:36 AM »
Well, you guys can post stuff if you want to...is there anything that would actually help besides posting? (I'm not a participant, I don't know these things.)

*Shrug*  I was just thinking along the lines of creating a thread for participants to keep our NaNoWriMo related ramblings in to annoying the heck out of the sane people on here during November.   ;)  Would anyone object to me or someone else starting one?  I don't think we need anything fancy like a child board, but just a little NaNoWriMo participant thread might be nice.  :)   
My avatar hosted by the folks at www.flickr.com.  This link is included so their TOS guys don't hunt me down. O_O

Offline Belial

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 04:26:32 AM »
I would object on the grounds of... hrm... *tries to think of a good reason. Umm... I object on the grounds that I didn't think of it first!

But no, in seriousness it sounds like a cool idea, I have no objections.

It might also be cool to exchange NaNoWriMo names, because I know you can look in on other people's stuff there (what they post for you to look at, how they're coming, etc etc).

I'm um, Belial over there as well... I don't like to have to remember too many login names.

Offline Athanasia

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 12:28:31 PM »
On the creation of a Nano place on this board, etc - great idea :) And thanks to the mods for being willing to host it.

I'm practically all set to go but the waiting has proved interesting. It got me to do preparations, I don't usually prepare. It also got me to read a couple books on writing recommended in another thread. I'm not sure I'll remember all the "do's & don'ts" (and I don't agree with all of them - but if there were only one good receipt, all writing would taste almost the same). Having some of them in mind will be an improvement though :)

My NaNo ID is Babylonia. The boards are so busy I'm sticking to my regional one so far and it's not English speaking for the most part. But I'll write the novel in English. I've become used to doing all my creative writing in English and that's the only language any friend who cares has in common with me. :)

Athanasia
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:30:34 PM by Athanasia »

Offline Windsaygale

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
I just found out about NaNoWrMo today.  My sister actually sent me the link.  It seems pretty scary but I'm gonna try it.   I think.  Maybe.

Offline Tersa

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 04:33:57 AM »
My NaNoWriMo name is Tersa.  I don't like remembering a lot of login-names either.  ;D

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »
You can just use this thread...or create a new one every time a new one starts.

Unless I'm missing something ;)
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline blue moon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 02:08:19 PM »
I'm blue moon over there, too.  I scanned through the Writing Groups and Clubs section, and discovered that we don't have a thread.  So I started one!  We can yammer to our hearts' content over there, and easily track everyone's progress.  Here's the link:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7220&start=0#forumpost116915

Offline Grogtard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 12:52:11 AM »
Didn't learn about it till it was too late last year. I'm already registered for this year.  That also means don't expect to see much of me around the forums during November.
I went throught the "I'm going to a writer" phase a few years ago and then just stopped (life, job and all that).  Over the past year, I've met a bunch of creative people that have inspired me to start writing again. 
Just because I haven't posted recently, doesn't mean I haven't been on the forum.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 07:37:54 PM »
Coincidentally, I finished a through draft of the current work in progress this past weekend, so I'm having great fun telling everyone that November will be the only month this year I'm not working on a new novel.

[ Nothing published as yet; one finished manuscript submitted - first-contact Utopian SF novel - and another that's getting a final pass-through before the end of this month and then being submitted somewhere else - lost-colony SF novel with generally medieval technology but bits of higher tech sitting around, sort of fantasy with SF underwear. ]
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Grogtard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
OK, WriMo's let's start some word count bragging.  It's still early but best of wishes to everybody.  And remember if you get stuck this month remember What Would Jim Do?  WWJD?  Wait that one's been taken. 

Just because I haven't posted recently, doesn't mean I haven't been on the forum.

Offline Tersa

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 02:16:36 AM »
Okay, Grogtard, you need to tell me how to get a NaNoWriMo sig like yours.  Did I just over look it on the site, or did you or someone else make it custom?

[Edit] Never mind, I found it.  ;D 

Good luck, all!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:52:25 AM by Tersa »

Offline Stitch

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 02:32:25 AM »
I'm Stitch over on NaNoWriMo.org.  Up over 7000 words here on day 4.

Debbie
aka Stitch

How do I get the counter to work?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 02:37:57 AM by Debbie »
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Offline Jack_of_Names

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »
This is my first time doing NaNoWriMo!!! With both my weekends taken up so far, and thursdays being a day I can't right on due to circumstance, I'm not 25, 552 words on day 14! In order to compensate for my lack of weekends and and thursdays, I'm doing 3500 words a day. I have 1500 left to do today, and I'm procrastinating... Why is the internet so shiny????