Author Topic: Any WriMo's out there?  (Read 18023 times)

Offline blue moon

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Any WriMo's out there?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
Anyone out there still NaNoing?  Anyone starting to wonder if they're going to finish in time?  My word count is just over 30,000 right now, which means I need to do about 5000 words a day to finish.  Eep!

Offline Stitch

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2006, 02:49:31 AM »
I did it and I've already won!! But I still have a couple of hundred words to go to finish the story.  :P

Stitch
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Offline Jack_of_Names

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »
I have about 3500 words to do today, a close brush with a virus set me back about a week :(

Offline Grogtard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »
Yippe, I made it with only 8 hours to spare.  Now it time for some serious unwinding and World of Warcraft.  ;D
Just because I haven't posted recently, doesn't mean I haven't been on the forum.

Offline Jack_of_Names

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »
I made it too! Although the story isn't over yet... yay... now I get to edit, re-write and accept criticism!

Offline Tersa

• Participant
  • J'aime le beau vampire <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »
I didn't win this year, sadly.  :(  I'm still continuing the story, though, so all is not lost.  If I just hadn't tried to research, I might have made it.  But probably not. 

Ah, well.  There's always next year.  In the meantime, I get to work on Angelic Rhapsody all I want.  ;D
My avatar hosted by the folks at www.flickr.com.  This link is included so their TOS guys don't hunt me down. O_O

Though the French under my avi is probably incorrect, please don't hurt me...

Offline Ellie Mae

• Participant
  • You know where to find me
    • View Profile
    • Empire of the Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
*resurrects old thread so she can post*

I finished too and 'won'  51k+ but again story not finished, since that's just a novella size really.  One day when I have a lot more free time, I will finish it and polish it up enough for people to read it.  lol Hopefully before the next Nano starts :p

You're a Wizard Harry!

~ Books ~ Writing ~ Art ~

Offline Sil76

• Participant
  • Self-Confessed Book Devourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 03:51:50 AM »
 ;D  2-time WriMo participant...  Sadly, neither completed, though I'm still working on the one I started this year:)  Maybe 2007 will be the one I finish? *wicked grin*
Darned tired.  Darn me unto heck.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 04:13:31 AM »
I just heard about it this last year. I used to do alot of writing in high school and then some in college, but i just haven't felt like for writing anymore. I've been thinking that maybe doing something like this would re-invigorate my desire to write.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline maieo

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Reality and you don't get along, do you?
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
I tried for it, and horribly failed.
"Have you met my conscience? It's bigger than my personality!"

Offline CynDe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
I did nanowrimo this year, more as a joke than anything else. My friend that challenged me dropped out at about 1,000 words, but my story kept flying out of my fingers, and I managed to finish by the deadline. Now, after adding 33K words, I am shopping for agents.

I was a little intimidated by the writers that sailed past with 100K words in a month or more. I work full time and have a 3 year old son, but mananged the 50K. Maybe it would be easier if I had heard about it more than a week before, and had done some prep work...

I am looking forward to next year's nano!

Offline Dread Pirate Sayessa

• Posty McPostington
  • Did the cow creamer tell you that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »
This year (well, last year now) was my first attempt, and sadly I didn't make it.  I had been doing a lot of writing at work, then work got busy, and a bunch of other stuff came up.  I think after I got a day or two behind I got down, then I got stuck on a plot point that wasn't working (I didn't have a plot, basically) then figured ah well.  Turns out I was past the halfway point and probably could have made it, but it was a first try and I'm not too bummed I didn't make it.
Now I don't even like the way I introduced the plot, so I'll have to change that, eventually.  I'm still working on the story, here and there.
My best friend's done it several times, but I'm not sure if she's ever made it.
I ATE'NT DEAD

I still think 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is "wintertime"
Thanks, SoCal.