Author Topic: Copying a private message?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Copying a private message?
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:08 PM »
Last week I was posting from my sister's laptop cause mine had crashed somewhat seriously and couldn't save two character writeups. So I sent them as PMs to myself until my PC was good again.

Now I find that quoting said PMs does not seem to be working and I can't modify them either. I wrote them down in a quote because quoting changes the letter size downwards, making the writeup appear neater. Is there a way to retrieve the formatting and cool pictures? Copy-pasting would mess that up.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Copying a private message?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:32:15 PM »
Last week I was posting from my sister's laptop cause mine had crashed somewhat seriously and couldn't save two character writeups. So I sent them as PMs to myself until my PC was good again.

Now I find that quoting said PMs does not seem to be working and I can't modify them either. I wrote them down in a quote because quoting changes the letter size downwards, making the writeup appear neater. Is there a way to retrieve the formatting and cool pictures? Copy-pasting would mess that up.

In my experience, if any post (including a PM) has a quote in it, you can't access the code by quoting it.  Unfortunately, also in my experience, you can't modify a PM like you can a normal post so that rout is likely denied you too.

For future reference, there is the "Insert code" tool above the kissing smiley with a "#" on it.  this allows you to post straight BB code into the body of your message.

Code: [Select]
[quote][color=maroon]leme[/color] see if I can give [url=http://www.google.com]you an example[/url] of that   :-\[/quote]
The above without the code code
leme see if I can give you an example of that   :-\
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*