Author Topic: PC or NPC? That is the question.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
PC or NPC? That is the question.
« on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
I am trying to create my first character and I'm worried that he will end up forced to be and NPC.  Is a 2600 year old idiot-savant bodyguard playable?  I think he fits as an emissary of power, but the power he was given was stolen from the Summer Court and forced upon him.  Is he already out of bounds or can I keep on developing him?
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Tbora

Re: PC or NPC? That is the question.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:02:47 AM »
Modified wizards constitution for his age with an appropriate High Concept, if the power is from a greater force AND has control over him then emissary of power works if not then your fine you can just be a guy who karma decided to punch in the stomach. From there I might consider some levels of speed, toughness, strength, recovery, etc and maybe a modified version of Unseeling Magic to fit with the fact your not under the thumb of any of the queens. with ten refresh it sounds totally doable.

Go for it.

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: PC or NPC? That is the question.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:12:33 AM »

In my head the court wizard got his hands on say 6 liters of Summer Sidhe blood and used it to tattoo sigils on my character's body, making him the immortal bodyguard of the royal family.  Eventually he starts to go insane and trys to kill himself, accidentally giving himself a lobotomy.  He has been living as a hobo for the last century or so and is finally starting to recover. (And you thought your hangover was bad. :P)
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society