Author Topic: A request for help.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline TucanSam200

• Lurker
    • View Profile
A request for help.
« on: December 14, 2010, 02:02:36 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this, as I am trying to do it quickly before I forget to (again).

My name is Caleb Edwards and I have, for about ten years or so, written on and off on various subjects and ideas. Merlin and magic had always fascinated me, and when Mr butchers books came along i was immediately enthralled. I have read all of the ones out, a few more than once and, while waiting for each individual book to be released, I began to write something of a fan fiction myself. It's been a few months in the making (as I said, I am off again on again, and not very disciplined) and I have come to a point where, simply, I just don't know what else to do or where to go.

I am having wildly huge problems with characters and their timelines, given the fact that a few are hundreds of years old. I do not know enough Dresden lore to make it work, and i have been beating my head against the wall trying to find something and failing. I'm asking for help now because I am simply stuck. I have been trying to revise and re-write, but i can only get so far. I'm not asking for anybody to help me write it, to be clear. I am looking for somebody more in an editorial role, who knows enough about writing to help in ways such as comments and suggestions, spelling and grammar and fact checking (especially when it comes to characters not my own).

If you think you re able to or willing to help, please send me an email. Thanks again,
Caleb.

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: A request for help.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
Sounds like you're looking for a beta reader. I'd suggest checking out the main Dresden Files livejournal community. It's more focused toward fic, so you might get some good volunteers there.  :)
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman