Author Topic: Using Thaumaturgy for Evocation effects  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Madmacabre

• Participant
    • View Profile
Using Thaumaturgy for Evocation effects
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:13:21 AM »
Hello all,

Is it possible to use Thaumaturgy to copy evocation effects?

For example, in the thaumaturgy section it is stated that Wards are really just bonified shield spells. But could a spell sligner build up a super strong shield, with a long duration, using the thaumaturgy method?

This seems quite powerful as high complexity spells are much easier to cast (but take more time) using the thaumaturgy method.

Another question...

What type of spellcaster have access to the sight, and to hexing?

I presume anything with Evocation, Thaumaturgy, Channeling and ritual are in for both effects. But what about the others?

Spponsored Magic?
Changeling?

Thanks

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Using Thaumaturgy for Evocation effects
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
What type of spellcaster have access to the sight, and to hexing?

I presume anything with Evocation, Thaumaturgy, Channeling and ritual are in for both effects. But what about the others?

Spponsored Magic?
Changeling?

The Sight mostly goes to sorcerers and wizards, unless you can justify having it earlier/in a character it doesn't have normal magical talents.
Any magical power can hex, although the 'skill' at it varies.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Using Thaumaturgy for Evocation effects
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
Technically, any character can have The Sight.  I can easily think of a many justifications for why a "normal" would have it.  I mean, any mystic already has a great excuse. :)  As for hexing, any mortal magic causes the "mana static" effect. Though if you just want hexing, add the "Mana Static" ability. Though, all he'd be able to do is hex technology/moving parts. 
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]