Author Topic: Silly Character Concepts  (Read 6248 times)

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
Silly Character Concepts
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
Just ejecting these from my gray matter.  I can't bring myself to use them any further as they've attracted horrible jokes in the mishmash I call a persona... and I'm afraid that I would be incapable of using them, even as NPCs, with a straight face.

Were-Equine Bartender; likes American beers.  This is unfortunate...
(click to show/hide)

Ghoul flight attendant.  Unworkable because of
(click to show/hide)

Little Fairy Drug Dealer. 
(click to show/hide)

Were-raptor soldier.  Unfortunately, he's a
(click to show/hide)

Anyone else got perfectly good character concepts that are unusable due to excessive mirth/really bad puns?
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline Marganma

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Character Concepts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »
No... not really.

I just had a player who wanted to play a were-something, so he flipped through an animal book... and came up with a were-herring. Or a were-dustmite.  :-X
>>>Building site. Soon there we be a signature. We apologize for any inconvenience due to noises and lights.<<<

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »
I have to ask, regarding the herring...

Is the game set in a forested area?  :D
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline Wilder

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:13:23 AM »
Was said were-herring a lumberjack by trade?
DV Wilder v1.2 YR6 FR1 BK++ RP+++ TH++ WG+ CL++ BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy ++, Molly-]

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 05:51:54 AM »
Little Fairy Drug Dealer. 
(click to show/hide)

i see nothing wrong with this
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 05:56:16 AM »
Awesome!!!!
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline wolff96

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »
Awesome!!!!

I agree.

Now here's a few more, though less punny...

One of my players has a Scion of Morpheus and is occasionally compelled to help dreamers or rescue people threatened by Morpheus' twin/evil opposite Phobos.  To do this, he has to go into dreams -- essentially, deep into the private realms of the Nevernever.

Whenever he does this, he and anyone he takes with him acquire Avatars -- personas, created by the dreamer for other dreams that are not currently in use.  I vary these WILDLY depending on the target in question.  Most of the time, it's serious and can be rather dark.

For the latest round, it's a child of divorce who was targetted by Phobos because of his juicy fears that HE drove his parents apart and forced his mother to leave.  He's an 11-year-old kid who loves video games and escapist fiction (like Sci-Fi and Fantasy).  So I went quite a bit lighter this time around and just had fun with it...

So the avatars this time around are:
1) The Assassin -- A dark, brooding figure, always stalking in the shadows and rarely seen.  Wears odd armor and prefers to use an arm-mounted crossbow.  It's basically a Fantasy version of Samus Aran, with his mother inside the armor.  She may not be seen, but she's still big in his life.

2) The Warrior -- Huge, powerful, but afraid he won't be able to help.  If you scratch away the powers and descriptions, he's the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz.  And all of his Aspects/stories are re-worked bits from the original books.  ;)

3) The Wizard -- A small, tottering figure with an affinity for fire that draws his power from the Enchanted Meadow...  Again, when you look at his Aspects/stories it's easy enough to piece together that one player is cruising around as a Fire-Wielding Winnie-the-Pooh.  Heck, even his story titles are all book titles from the original series.  (Personal Favorite aspect, shamefully stolen...  "Oh bother, the building's on fire.")

Offline catsgomoo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
The Felinomancer, that old lady on your block is actually using the cats to gain tremendous power
"Oh no, not again." Bowl of petunias

Offline mostlyawake

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »
A ridiculously good looking were-cat named Magnum, who works Balls models, hawking Blue Steel cologne.  People call him Le Tigre.

Offline Peteman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 03:51:28 AM »
I had an idea for a Wizard who has an affinity for potions and sweets, and one of her Aspects was "Chocolate Awesomesauce"

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »
I like it!
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline SirThoreth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
*delurks*

Odd idea I was kicking around: high concept is "No, Really, I'm a 'Wizzard'!"

Basically, a Minor Talent, with Wizard's Constitution, the Sight, and the discounted Soul Gaze. For added fun, if your GM approves, throw in Mana Static.  Fun additional aspects like "Did I Do That?" and "Laugh in the Face of Danger (Then Hide Until it Goes Away)" make for a Rincewind-like character.

Offline Sitrein

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
Anyone else got perfectly good character concepts that are unusable due to excessive mirth/really bad puns?

Bard.

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 11:24:29 PM »
True believer of the Flying spagetti monster.
Thrill-seeking were-lemming.
Mythbust-Omancer. (blows stuff up in weird ways and almost randomly)
Alcho-mancer: Like the caffinomancer from baltimore, but instead of high-caffine, its high-alchohol.

Offline Selrach

• Conversationalist
  • You'll never guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 01:48:03 AM »
I approve strongly of this thread.
Apparently I would much rather post than sleep.