Author Topic: Potter's a Lawbreaker! Get the Wardens!  (Read 6903 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Potter's a Lawbreaker! Get the Wardens!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
A couple of years ago Jim Butcher chimed in on a similar thread - and because someone has put all the "Word of Jim" posts in one thread I was able to read his thoughts on a Harry D / Harry P crossover.  The post is at:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,4521.msg111487.html#msg111487

Richard

Offline Autumn2005

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
Know who else breaks the laws of magic?  The Buffyverse.  Especially Willow during season 6...

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 03:29:06 AM »
To be honest, the laws of magic (while fairly reasonable from a certain point of view and certainly valid for the Dresdenverse) are pretty strict.  I mean, Dr. Strange has broken more than his share and he's a superhero!  :)  I'd be more surprised to find other fantasy settings where major mage characters fall within the Laws.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 03:40:05 AM »
To be honest, the laws of magic (while fairly reasonable from a certain point of view and certainly valid for the Dresdenverse) are pretty strict.  I mean, Dr. Strange has broken more than his share and he's a superhero!  :)  I'd be more surprised to find other fantasy settings where major mage characters fall within the Laws.
Thats what makes The Dresden Files cool.
yeah Harry could mind wipe people and such, but he would be an evil sumbytch.
It shows real consequences to meddling with peoples minds, mind control, time travel, meddling with Death ect.
Speaking of Buffy they do touch on some of them.
Faith Kills a Mortal and their like "We have to put her down", Willow does it and they put her on a short leash and exile her to England to be with a Gaggle of witches to retrain her. In one episode Willow tries to wipe someones memory of a bad event and she erases everyone's memory and its one of the event that leads her to getting addicted to "bad magic".

Anyone ever read that DC Comics "event" where they find out that they erased a Bad Guys mind and "Neutered" him (with magic)  from being a rapist evil bastard to a comic fool. Then when he finds out he goes Ape Sh*t?