Author Topic: Warning to Chat Using DFRPGers in this Forum  (Read 1884 times)

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Warning to Chat Using DFRPGers in this Forum
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:18:36 AM »
I figured I should warn everyone here that starting today, any full discussion of the DFRPG in the Public channel in the chatroom is now punishable by a 72 hour ban from the chat. Not the forum, the chat alone. It hasn't been posted, although it is official.

It should be in the rule book, when they put it up.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Warning to Chat Using DFRPGers in this Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »
reasons therfore?

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
It has been complained against by other forum members (with good reason), and we take up too much space in the public chat. There have been problems in chat, so it is now decided that RPG stuff stays with the RPG channels.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 07:00:50 AM »
Little discussions /are/ allowed in the Public chatroom, though, so long as they are brief, and don't take over the chat.  It's when the DFRPG /becomes/ the chat that it is a problem.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

It has also been posted for about a week and a half now, though probably not in the best place.  It was in the Bar area, due to the fact that's where the original infos about the chat were posted:

One more addendum.

Let there also be a reminder that the 'Public' channel within the chat is for general chat.  If, for example, the DFRPG comes up in discussion, that's fine and dandy.  If the discussion BECOMES about the DFRPG and not general chat, then please take it into the appropriate channel—in this case, the DFRPG channel.  There is a reason those channels exist, so let us utilize them.  They feel left out when not used.

Thanks again, folks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:03:47 AM by Myyrdn Eopia »

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:52:46 AM »
Is it possible to create rooms in the chat section? If so, could the general rule not be that DFRPG is not discussed in general chat, but only in the DFRPG chat room?
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »
We have a chat room?

Hey, we do. And yes, there is a DFRPG room already set up.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »
Is it possible to create rooms in the chat section? If so, could the general rule not be that DFRPG is not discussed in general chat, but only in the DFRPG chat room?

There are actually multiple channels for the DFRPG.  However, we're looking into downsizing the number of channels in the chat—currently 36—to something more manageable.  However, both the DFRPG and the DFRPG Play by Post channels will be staying no matter what.  :)

You get to these channels by clicking on the "Channel" dropdown box at the top of the chat, and scrolling down to the one you want, and clicking on it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:55:52 AM by Myyrdn Eopia »