Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 260140 times)

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #930 on: December 27, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »
And mine Caninnacchius!  And Chiro Batinnacchius!
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #931 on: December 27, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Guess that leaves me with The-Short-End-of-the-Stick-ius.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #932 on: December 27, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
I once spent a whole day studying a stick from all angles, but I never did figure out which end was the shortest.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 27, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
Guess that leaves me with The-Short-End-of-the-Stick-ius.

Butters' sword is called Scalpelacchius....  Or, if you prefer, the short end of the stick in sword speak is the handle...not a bad end to hold on to... ::) ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #934 on: December 27, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
So that's why it hurts so much when I try to hold swords...
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 27, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
Ummm....

Which end are you holding them from?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #936 on: December 27, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
 :D

Actually...I don't think I've ever held a sword.  At least one that wasn't plastic.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 28, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
If only I'd known about MarsCon and my costume plans this summer....I play (badly) the Irish drum, bodhran, and go to a lot of Scottish/Irish festivals...lots of cool swords etc. there to play with and purchase...  ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #938 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
I once injured myself with an orange peeler.  I'm too accident prone to handle edge weapons.  :D

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
I once injured myself with an orange peeler.  I'm too accident prone to handle edge weapons.  :D
My skills with sharp implements include cooking knives and grooming shears.  There is a reason I didn't become a surgeon...just a lowly internist where they keep sharp scalpels away from us...  ::) :)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #940 on: December 28, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
A sword would be handy for mist-netting, to hack down all the errant vegetation around the net.  We always joked that we were going to get a machete.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 28, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
A sword would be handy for mist-netting, to hack down all the errant vegetation around the net.  We always joked that we were going to get a machete.

Bushaxe:

It has a long axe handle on it so it has reach, and the two edges are useful for different situations.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Bushaxe

Now that is just downright scary-looking. Imagine what you could do to yourself w/one of these, Chiro! ::)

My neighbor showed up at my house one day weilding a bushaxe.  Turns out he heard some loud screaming and came to check if I was OK.  What he heard one of my rescued birds hollering her fool head off and he thought it was ME. (Her screams sound more human than bird-like).  We were both ROTFL by the time we figured out what was going on!  ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #943 on: December 28, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »
I imagine I could get my own legs right out from under me.  It looks really fun though, and I want one.  I love things that are bad for me.

Does the bird talk?  We have a starling at the nature center that has learned to talk.  I love playing with that bird.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 28, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
Does the bird talk?  We have a starling at the nature center that has learned to talk.  I love playing with that bird.

That bird, Baby (I did not name her--her previous owners did) talks pretty well.  She laughs, imitates FaceBook game noises (Wheeee! of Bubble Town), makes kissing noises and says: Baby want a tickle?  Good pup!  Drook it! (that, I think is her "swearing", which fortunately she mangles), Hi, Baby and assorted other things.  She also screams (for fun) and BITES.  It's taken me 3 years to be able to convince her to let me scritch her neck and for her to get up and down from my arm as I transfer her from cage to playstand and back.   ;D