Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 260852 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
No, Jim and Shannon will be buying the fan of their choice to ritually sacrifice and serve to the Dark Pooch, Frost.

I'll volunteer. They can find enough to afford me by checking under their seats in the car.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
I'm used.  I've already been chewed on by a multitude of animals.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
hell I'd do it for free. The Butchers and Frost are magnitudes less evil then the people I work for now.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
...And after Frost is done with these willing sacrifices, the leftovers get shipped to the Boy, right?

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
...And after Frost is done with these willing sacrifices, the leftovers get shipped to the Boy, right?

of course.  college boys need to eat too
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »
I've heard how you eat I think ALL our doggie bags are going with you.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
I've heard how you eat I think ALL our doggie bags are going with you.

He meant Jim and Shannon's son, J.J., who's in his first year at college. Shannon used to hijack grocery-store supply 18-wheelers to feed him.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »
He meant Jim and Shannon's son, J.J., who's in his first year at college. Shannon used to hijack grocery-store supply 18-wheelers to feed him.
I missed the subtext there silly me.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »
I missed the subtext there silly me.

No real subtext, just a case of happening to have been in on the Twitter fun a while back. She's a funny lady.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »
No real subtext, just a case of happening to have been in on the Twitter fun a while back. She's a funny lady.
Oh I follow Shannon ,even banter with her now and again. I adore her and I think I'm MORE jazzed to meet her then I was to meet Jim. He's great and all but been there done that ya know?  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:30:34 PM by whingnut »

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

lol, my brother and I used to go through a loaf of bread a day just for lunch PB&J sandwiches when we were that age.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
Oh I follow Shannon ,even banter with her now and again. I adore her and I think I'm MORE jazzed to meet her then I was to meet Jim. He's great and all but been there done that ya know?  :)

She's awesometastic. And they're a great couple - after 15+ years of marriage, the first time I saw them, they were holding hands.

lol, my brother and I used to go through a loaf of bread a day just for lunch PB&J sandwiches when we were that age.

Sue's brother was like that. He'd get home from school, eat a large pizza, have dinner with the fam and then have another pizza. He was literally growing overnight; in the morning, he'd usually run down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast, and one day, out of the blue, he clocked himself on an overhang.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
She's awesometastic. And they're a great couple - after 15+ years of marriage, the first time I saw them, they were holding hands.

CAM Banks said the very same thing to me after I told him he had downplayed how great a guy Jim is.

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »

Sue's brother was like that. He'd get home from school, eat a large pizza, have dinner with the fam and then have another pizza. He was literally growing overnight; in the morning, he'd usually run down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast, and one day, out of the blue, he clocked himself on an overhang.

i used to get home from track or volleyball, eat a sandwich or bowl of cereal for a snack or something.  then eat dinner (if it was pizza i got a whole one to myself) and then 2 hours later i was hungry.  weighed 120 at my heaviest in high school.  ahhh super metabolism i miss thee...  now if i eat more than one or two pieces of pizza i'm stuffed
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »
Pfft. I've always had the metabolism of stone. A number of years ago, in the middle of losing 50 lbs but hitting a longish plateau, I decided to get detailed and measure exactly what I was taking in. 1200 calories per day. And not losing an ounce.

My metabolism has dropped further with a desk job. As a teacher, I was at least standing and moving around all the time (which is part of why I'm uncomfortable with sitting for extended periods).