Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 260462 times)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #1275 on: January 21, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
Okay, since youtube hates me, I finally got the six parts to the friday night panel up.  Now, the tags are pretty much all the same, and all six bits are in a playlist, so if someone could tell me why the next one doesn't show up in the sidebar, I'd greatly appreciate it!  (Even more if you can tell me how to fix it!)

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

Playlist link to all six parts
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:15:48 AM by Myyrdn Eopia »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 21, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Heh. Shannon claims to be embarrassed by how sick she was at the panel. I countered by telling her I WASN'T sick and was visibly more out of it than she. I even (accidentally) head-butted another beta.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 21, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
Okay, since youtube hates me, I finally got the six parts to the friday night panel up.  Now, the tags are pretty much all the same, and all six bits are in a playlist, so if someone could tell me why the next one doesn't show up in the sidebar, I'd greatly appreciate it!  (Even more if you can tell me how to fix it!)

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

Playlist link to all six parts

I hope someone posts the Sunday pannel, I went home to spend time with Mrs Serack since she was stuck studdying for some exams
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 21, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »
Heh. Shannon claims to be embarrassed by how sick she was at the panel. I countered by telling her I WASN'T sick and was visibly more out of it than she. I even (accidentally) head-butted another beta.

She was sick at MarsCon?  You couldn't tell at all.  She's a trooper.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 21, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
I hope someone posts the Sunday pannel, I went home to spend time with Mrs Serack since she was stuck studdying for some exams
I have it Jim was there for very little of the event , less then half an hour, so I opted not to post it
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 21, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
She was sick at MarsCon?  You couldn't tell at all.  She's a trooper.

That's what I was talking about. Very together lady, isn't she?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 21, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
she held it together well but it meant I didn't get a hug. I wanted a hug. I did get to have breakfast with her Sunday so that was cool.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Eibhlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone for attending MarsCon. Hope you had a good time despite our little screw-up in the schedule by putting Jim in such small rooms at the beginning. Never knew he would be that popular.

Please let me know what you liked about our con and what you didn't like. We are always trying to improve.

Butch
God of MarsCon

We had a great time.  The fact that you guys responded so quickly to the size of the Jim crowd was truly impressive.  A very nice con with a lot of nice people.  Thank you. :)
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 22, 2011, 04:59:46 AM »

She is!  And I rather enjoyed her small Q&A.  She was very candid and like her husband, obviously passionate about her work.  I hope she's all better now!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 22, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
She is!  And I rather enjoyed her small Q&A.  She was very candid and like her husband, obviously passionate about her work.  I hope she's all better now!

Yesterday, Jim said she was at about 80%, but he had a full-blown case of the con crud.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 22, 2011, 05:49:01 AM »
I have sort of a self-centered question... Did someone mention fanfics at the con or something?  I'm abruptly getting a huge spike in readership and "favorite story" of the two Dresden fanfics I wrote and posted on fanfic.net  Not that I'm complaining!  Not at all.  I'm just wondering why after all these months, there's a bunch of new readers all of a sudden.  :D
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 22, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »
I am constantly making links for new folks to the fanfics.  Especially when anyone complains that GS is gonna be delayed. 

Placebo, anyone?
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 22, 2011, 12:33:57 PM »
I have sort of a self-centered question... Did someone mention fanfics at the con or something?  I'm abruptly getting a huge spike in readership and "favorite story" of the two Dresden fanfics I wrote and posted on fanfic.net  Not that I'm complaining!  Not at all.  I'm just wondering why after all these months, there's a bunch of new readers all of a sudden.  :D

Likely a side effect of a con with the author's appearance combined with public revelation of OMGOMGOMG-type stuff. People suddenly find themselves hungry for anything related to the storyverse, and fanfic is readily accessible - and GOOD fanfic gets the word-of-mouth on the OMGOMGOMG circuit.

Offline FreshBrewedZombie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 22, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »
Thanks for everyones pics and vids, you made my day! I was looking at them all last night, and ended up having a dream I was at the con......then a bunch of wierd things showed up, people were slinging around magic, there was a monkey too, then I was in one of my video games....anyway woke up giggling.... :D
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.  ~Attributed to Groucho Marx

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 22, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »
I understand you. As I used to visit this forum before going to bed, sometimes I dream with Dresden, or that I am with some of you at a convention, Q&A or whatever.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)