Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 260134 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #1185 on: January 17, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
I posted a small handful of photos to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2396801&id=607970

At cons, I've gotten in the habit of letting other folks take pictures. :D  Can't wait to see everyone else's shots!

Offline Kitsune

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 17, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
After the year I had it was awsome. If it sparkles, don't drink blood its a fairy! I loved Zan Lord group. I just had on a hello kitty t-shirt, a fox tail, and a black hat, when my hat was off i had pink, organe, and blonde hair. I sometime refer to myself as a severant of Mab (I named my cat Mab, and as we all know cat's have staff not owners). I think next year/next con I will be going alone just so I can hook up with friends. Everyone there was the best. And the Harry look alike(the one giving out the card) was the best Dresden there, and now I can brag I hugged Harry >_> <_< a very YAY moment.

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:45 PM »
And now the facebook album.  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=705106851&aid=270194  As it says, I did quick and dirty edits to the photos.  If you would like yours removed, just ask and I will.  And if I didn't tag you it's because I'm horrid with names, please tag yourself if you'd like.

I didn't get nearly as many pics as I would have liked.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:40 PM »
Prisc, I have decided you are just too much awesome to be human! 
I have been Blessed to spend a fair amount of time with Pris, Shecky et. al. you still have NO idea how awesome they truly are. I am amazed daily by them all and am damn proud to call them my friends
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #1189 on: January 17, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »
I'll link to my pics once the massive upload they require finishes.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it as planned, guys.  There were... a lot of events that happened in my life, and one of them was that I had to surrender all my dogs.  They all found homes before I was ready to take them back, and I couldn't have taken all of them anyway, but this weekend I was able to get Bascha back (my Belgian).  There was no way I could pick her up and then leave her alone all day in a strange place.

I was looking forward to going to Marscon, but while that would have been fun and it would have been great to meet everyone, getting Bascha back was important. :)
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
You were missed, but I understand the importance of getting a furbaby back home! 

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 17, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it as planned, guys.  There were... a lot of events that happened in my life, and one of them was that I had to surrender all my dogs.  They all found homes before I was ready to take them back, and I couldn't have taken all of them anyway, but this weekend I was able to get Bascha back (my Belgian).  There was no way I could pick her up and then leave her alone all day in a strange place.

I was looking forward to going to Marscon, but while that would have been fun and it would have been great to meet everyone, getting Bascha back was important. :)

*MASSIVE hugs* We understand, truly. First things first - always.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Eibhlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 17, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »
We had a great time at the con.  I didn't get to meet as many forum peeps as I would have liked.  :(  But awesome of awesome, I got to sit diagonally across from Jim at the dinner.  :D  He's a lot of fun to talk to.  Matt was straight across from me and we all talked aboutthe movies we liked and didn't like and all sorts of other things.  Thank you so much Priscilla from arranging the dinner.  You are truly awesome.  :)
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #1194 on: January 17, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
We had a great time at the con.  I didn't get to meet as many forum peeps as I would have liked.  :(  But awesome of awesome, I got to sit diagonally across from Jim at the dinner.  :D  He's a lot of fun to talk to.  Matt was straight across from me and we all talked aboutthe movies we liked and didn't like and all sorts of other things.  Thank you so much Priscilla from arranging the dinner.  You are truly awesome.  :)

I think I know who you are now... I think I have the right face to place with the name.  :)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »
Sounds like you all had a great time!  Looking forward to seeing more pictures!
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 17, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Oh, right! Pictures!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myyrdneopia/sets/72157625722439847/

Pictures taken with kittenbot's camera.  :)

Offline Eibhlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 17, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
I think I know who you are now... I think I have the right face to place with the name.  :)

Short girl with the really long hair usually in the company of a tall blond guy and my punky but adorable 17 year old son.
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 17, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »
Short girl with the really long hair usually in the company of a tall blond guy and my punky but adorable 17 year old son.

:)  I was right.  :)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 18, 2011, 12:59:40 AM »
Oh yah, so I chased down Iago (Fred Hicks) and held out my DFRPG books and said "Fred, there seems to be an omission in my DFRPG books, the credits don't say who did the layout.  Can you fix that for me?"  Which is a reference to some comments he made in The Walking Eye interview last year about how he spent 2 weeks screaming through the layout and then in doing it he forgot to credit himself for the layout. 

Here's what he wrote on my Credits page.

DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*